The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Projects You Never Finished (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

jay leslie
View Profile
V.I.P.
Southern California
9498 Posts

Profile of jay leslie
I'm guilty. I start things and either change gears in the middle of making it or put it aside to work on it in a long time from now.

And you?
TheRaven
View Profile
Special user
597 Posts

Profile of TheRaven
Physically started
- Flea Circus 75% complete including script 50% complete... going on 6 years now. Includes unique bicycle on high wire with turning wheels and m****t trapeze.
- Snake basket 20% complete - mostly experimenting with various novel ideas for methods. I've probably gone thru 6 methods to accomplish my "mind movie" so far...

Mentally started
- Too many to mention
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11172 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
I have said (proudly) many times before, that I live in the House of 1001 Prototypes. I have shelved projects for a vast number of reasons. These range from boredom, to being mechanically flummoxed, to priority shifts, to indecision as to what color I wanted to paint the thing. It is not uncommon for me to start a project and finish it years later. I have several serious, but only partly completed projects staring at me every day, waiting to be brought to fruition.

Isn't that normal?? Smile
~michael baker
The Magic Company
gimpy2
View Profile
Special user
960 Posts

Profile of gimpy2
Had a whole wall of shelves at the old shop full of stuff that for some reason never got done for all the reasons above. It was such a shame to see all those props setting there and wishing I hadnt wasted the time. Called it the wall of shame. I threw a bunch of stuff away a few years back but it didn't take long to fill back up. I decided to leave it all at the old shop and went when the old shop was torn down. A fresh start feels good plus I just don't have the room to have a strange collection like that. I think the only pourpose it served was as a reminder to think things out better before starting something new.I think if I start another collection of useless items it will be for tools I buy and never use.
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
11172 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
That's funny Gimpy! Believe it or not, just yesterday I was checking a storage tub that I had forgotten what was in it. Well, as you might have guessed, it contained projects that were never completed. But, here is the kicker... they were projects started but never finished by another magician!! Haha!!! These came to me as part of an estate acquisition a few years ago!
~michael baker
The Magic Company
jay leslie
View Profile
V.I.P.
Southern California
9498 Posts

Profile of jay leslie
I asked Carl Wiliams about starting projects then seeing an element in them that take you to another project... so you forget about the first project entirely

He said that all genuine makers do that.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
I still have to finish a sword through head box, a dove to rabbit, a flap card box, and a coin ladder.

I have to finish a jumbo alarm clock that will ring with the push of button, some electronic things as well.

Lots of tricks to repair as well.

I thought it was because I was a Aries.
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
11172 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
Quote:
On Dec 30, 2015, jay leslie wrote:
I asked Carl Wiliams about starting projects then seeing an element in them that take you to another project... so you forget about the first project entirely

He said that all genuine makers do that.

Good enough for me! Smile
~michael baker
The Magic Company
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
11172 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
Quote:
On Dec 30, 2015, Bill Hegbli wrote:

I thought it was because I was a Aries.

No. But, that does explain a lot! Hahaha!!! Smile
~michael baker
The Magic Company
Steve_Mollett
View Profile
Inner circle
Eh, so I've made
3006 Posts

Profile of Steve_Mollett
2/3rds finished but laid aside: Victorian Jack-in-the-box for restoring torn playing card.
Workshop plans, but not started: Inspectable pillory escape with automatic reset.
Author of: GARROTE ESCAPES
The absurd is the essential concept and the first truth.
- Albert Camus
DaleTrueman
View Profile
Veteran user
Australia
317 Posts

Profile of DaleTrueman
I've had a mind reading device in development for about five years now.......

It's not that I can't make it as there is no gimmick or anything, it's just a weird sculpture with an eye. I just keep getting distracted.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Projects You Never Finished (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL