The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Mentalism that helps me get a woman's phone number » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (36 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
Mindpro
View Profile
Eternal Order
10606 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
Why all the games and nonsense?
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
Quote:
On Jan 4, 2016, Mindpro wrote:

Winter vacation, school was out.
Taterini
View Profile
Special user
604 Posts

Profile of Taterini
Quote:
On Jan 4, 2016, Tony Iacoviello wrote:
Quote:
On Jan 4, 2016, Mindpro wrote:

Winter vacation, school was out.

Sounds just about right Smile
jackaboy
View Profile
Veteran user
universities aren't interested in my
302 Posts

Profile of jackaboy
This may be the cringes thread of all time
MagicalEducator
View Profile
Veteran user
369 Posts

Profile of MagicalEducator
Amazingly some people think it's just the most amazing thing to do. I recently noticed someone who shared an entire script for who to do it with Scan 3d for sale thread and they weren't even the seller! They were inordinately proud of this idea and were quite upset when I suggested otherwise. Even more disconcerting was that the "gentleman" appears to be a 40-50 year old who you'd think should know better.

jeff
Voted "Canada's Most Inspirational Magician"
www.MagicalEducator.com

Check out my column "Magic is Education" in Vanish Magazine
M. Tesla
View Profile
Regular user
Coral Springs, Florida
154 Posts

Profile of M. Tesla
Quote:
On Dec 31, 2015, Tony Iacoviello wrote:
There is a product that involved mentalism, fortune telling, and fits this topic perfectly.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0QIDBSZis1E

I don't know about anyone else, and even though it's done for comedy, there's still something creepy about it...gentlemen, let me clue you all in, and at almost 70, I'm speaking from experience:

A charming personality will win the heart of a fair maiden, but, buster, it had better be your personality, and sincere, because if you don't think the women will see right through you, think again...if you think a few paltry magic or mental magic tricks are going to do it for you, you have a lot to learn...
While the amount of water has remained static, the amount of Tequila and Triple Sec available for making Margaritas has expanded enormously. So you see, we have made progress after all. ~Anonymous
Snidini
View Profile
Special user
776 Posts

Profile of Snidini
Well said Mr. Tessler. I agree.
ibm_usa
View Profile
Special user
In Your Mind, Ky, USA
722 Posts

Profile of ibm_usa
Reading this post just gave me cancer.
In all seriousness - if you get someones number via deceptive means you might as well save yourself the stress and go right into the police station and report yourself for stalking.
If you do an effect that requires phone numbers - the person who is volunteering is trusting in you not to be a dirt bag with it. On that same note - they are under no obligation to give you a legitimate number and you have no right to use the number without asking permission afterwards.

I'm going to walk out on a limb and say that you probably have read something from the Pick-Up Artist community that gave you this toxic idea. I got news for you - earth shattering news - Pick-Up Artists are snake oil salesmen. They sell you butchered up evolutionary psychology mixed with other biological sciences that are interpreted wrong. On that - the PUA community is border line sociopaths and sexual predators.
"You may think that i only talk of things from the past, you know, history, well magic is history"

-Guy Jarrett

"Curiosity isn't a sin Harry, but it should be exorcised with great caution."

-Albus Dumbledore (Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire)
http://www.jordanallen-mentalist.webs.com/
billion
View Profile
New user
93 Posts

Profile of billion
This is a sick thread. The goal of magic is to pick people up, not pick up on them.

Billion
mastermindreader
View Profile
1949 - 2017
Seattle, WA
12586 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
The thread should have been deleted a long time ago and certainly not resurrected.

The OP, by the way, was banned a long time ago as well.
Michael Zarek
View Profile
Special user
Sweden
923 Posts

Profile of Michael Zarek
Why the hell are we still talking about it then?
Reader discretion is advised.
The Hermit
View Profile
Veteran user
301 Posts

Profile of The Hermit
Personally I like to use the 20th Century Bra trick on the ladies at bars. It fries them that I got their bra by magic. Then I follow up with the Sympathetic Underwear. Killer stuff.
E.E.
View Profile
Inner circle
Look mom, I have
1534 Posts

Profile of E.E.
Mentalism for getting something from a lady!? are you out of your mind???!

Just be a gentleman, buy her a drink, and hypnotize her.
Professional mentalist and digital artist for mystery performers. check out my work at www.facebook.com/EverElizaldeArtStudio
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcanis
10781 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
Some thoughts:

A really good mentalist will have a great personality that is authentic and based on who they really are, and the real engagement is enhanced by the presentations, but the audience enjoys the person and sees them as someone with a force of will and mind that they would like to hang out with anyway.

A not so good mentalist relies on the effects and the gadgets to be their persona versus actually having one - and thus the inauthentic nature rings false to all - and these likely will think trying to use devious methods to manipulate others is something ok - as they may not know how to just be "real"....

(I have a feeling if you need to demo a mystery arts skill to impress in this regard and want people to frolic with you later - its likely finger-flicking prestidigitation rather than revealing their zodiac sign. And the won't work either if the performer has characteriological issues anyway).

IMHO
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
mastermindreader
View Profile
1949 - 2017
Seattle, WA
12586 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
Characteriological? Smile We usually just call those "character issues."

Cool word, though.
Tom G
View Profile
Inner circle
2895 Posts

Profile of Tom G
A person posted in the Tricks for Sale section, selling his Scan 3D. Another posted his "routine" for picking up women using the device like it would help the sale. He took offense when some called it creepy.
billion
View Profile
New user
93 Posts

Profile of billion
In line with the thread's topic, you all know what is so interesting? There are actually teenage boys using magic as a prank to get kisses from girls. See below for link to video. What has this world become? Lol...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=34cB5MvQuIo
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Mentalism that helps me get a woman's phone number » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (36 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL