The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Safest Invisible Dove Harness (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

mtpascoe
View Profile
Inner circle
1932 Posts

Profile of mtpascoe
I know that sometimes the strings on Invisible Dove Harnesses can be uncomfortable for the birds. What is the safest Invisible Dove Harness?
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Shimada's is the most safest. It is like a belt system that goes around over the winds and around the body. They are not available any longer that I know of, he sold them himself and Diana made them by hand. They are pictured in some dove books. What you have to do is put the harness only on the bird for a hour or so every day on the bird(s) you are going to use it with, to let them get use to it.

I guess it like the old cowboy getting a horse use to wearing a saddle.

I have used the white elastic one in the Chavez Encyclopedia of Dove Magic as well. Easy to make as it is only a few knots an a ladies dress hook. Sizing it will take some time. Make sure it is not to tight.

The single loop is easy, but I would make it as elastic, not the nylon loop as suggested in the books. I would only use this one if the bird was coming out to the hands.

With an invisible harness, the bird actually does the production himself. A little nudge and he know to jump out. You are there to guide him and be his safety net.

I would most likely take chance on Tony Clark's version. I don't have it, but he seems to be very responsible when it comes to his dove magic with the birds.

http://www.tonyclarkmagic.com/magicshop/......ct_id=69
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4855 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
Not sure what you mean by "strings" being uncomfortable. An invisible harness only has a single string or loop, just like a normal dove harness or bag. The "harness" is typically a band that wraps around the dove body. The loop should be attached directly in front of the breast bone. The band should sit behind the wings and legs forming a cradle.

To say which harness is best is difficult. As long as your dove is comfortable, and the harness is tight or firm enough not to slip off, then the decision is up to you. I agree with Bill however that Tony Clark's version is a good choice.
Where the magic begins
mtpascoe
View Profile
Inner circle
1932 Posts

Profile of mtpascoe
Thanks everyone for your help.
latentimage
View Profile
Elite user
No More Room In Hell..
438 Posts

Profile of latentimage
Dan Birch's and Dimmares models are the only ones I can recommend. With any IH, take it slow and smooth. Don't yank on anything.
"Come to the edge," he said, They Said "We Are Afraid," "Come to the edge," he said, They Came, He Pushed Them...And They Flew. -Apollinaire

"If there be a skeptical star, I was born under it. Yet I have lived all my days in complete astonishment." -W. MacNeile Dixon
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Safest Invisible Dove Harness (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL