The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » TV Screen Appearance (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

bentleyburns
View Profile
New user
Mississippi
20 Posts

Profile of bentleyburns
Hey everyone,
So before anyone says anything yes I did search for the answer and honestly couldn't find it. I've seen two people do a certain illusion and would like to know more about it. Who makes it, the name, and all that jazz. It's an appearance using a tv screen. It can be seen at 8 seconds in on this video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rTwkQKIc-Oc Also Adam Trent was the other person who did it. I don't know anything about it and would like to know more about it.
Social Media:
Facebook.com/BentleyIllusionist

Twitter/Instagram: @BentleyBurns
serg
View Profile
Elite user
Ukraine
433 Posts

Profile of serg
Hi! This illusion art design Ryan C.Reed .Build probably Tim Clothier....so please contact to Ryan : https://www.facebook.com/reedrc?fref=ts http://ryancreed.prosite.com/416265/7444......sign-r-d
bentleyburns
View Profile
New user
Mississippi
20 Posts

Profile of bentleyburns
Awesome Thanks for the help. Now to talk to Ryan!
Social Media:

collective foundry
View Profile
Inner circle
1404 Posts

Profile of collective foundry
Rob Lake is the creator and owner of this piece. Tim Clothier was commissioned to design only the base for Rob Lake - Rob & Company built the base and the prop locally in Rob's own fabrication shop. Tim Clothier does NOT own the rights to this piece and DID NOT have permission from Rob Lake to build the piece for "The Illusionists," or Adam Trent.

Adam Trent/ "The Illusionists" producers do not own the performing license to the piece, and did not ask or request permission from Rob Lake to use it.

As for my part - I was brought in to handle the HD video and digital technology on and off stage - additional artistic direction/ consulting support. (Including changes & upgrades for the "Masters Of Illusion" special, and the taping of the piece for that special. + Ongoing support for the digital content , which is still on tour with Rob's show). The additional sketches (seen on Behance) were produced for this future design content.

Anyone wanting the rights should contact Rob Lake as it is exclusively his illusion. So far he has not accepted offers from anyone else to perform this signature piece.
TaylorReed
View Profile
Special user
Branson, MO
743 Posts

Profile of TaylorReed
As Mentioned by Ryan C Reed above. This illusion is a Rob Lake illusion. I remember seeing him do it on Masters of magic.

Check with Rob if you would like this illusion and see if something can be worked out.

Thanks,
Taylor Reed
www.taylorreed.com
www.usedmagicillusions.com
taylor@taylorreed.com
(979)482-0714
See: The Magic and Comedy of Taylor Reed, Live in Branson, Mo
garywest
View Profile
New user
South Florida
32 Posts

Profile of garywest
Just FYI... Rob is not on tour... He is doing an extended run in the Bahamas at The Atlantis... He's been there for about a year. You can probably reach him through them. He's also on FB.
It's better to have a bottle in front of you... than to have a frontal lobotomy!
bentleyburns
View Profile
New user
Mississippi
20 Posts

Profile of bentleyburns
Thanks again for all the information. Definitely will go through Rob Lake on this but will look for other appearances as well. Huge thanks to readrc for the specifics on this.
Social Media:

Sam Sandler
View Profile
Inner circle
2487 Posts

Profile of Sam Sandler
May I ask a question here.
every one jumps saying its robs trick and no one can perform it.

im curious as 90% of Robs show seems to be everyone elses routines. I mean verbatim same everything. nothing original in the show that I can remember other then the TV production in the beginning. I felt I was watching a tribute show to the greatest magicians of the past! andre kole, brett daniels, lance Burton etc etc.

i don't mean to beat on the guy he obviously has some money and bought a lot of stuff and doing some thing right as he is out there performing full time.

but the question for me still is why can he perform everyones routines and then not want any one to perform his routine.

and its not just him I see this over and over with magicians!

sam
sam sandler- America's only full-time DEAF Illusionist
http://www.samsandler.com
http://www.deafinitelymagic.com
thomasR
View Profile
Inner circle
1189 Posts

Profile of thomasR
Tim is a very reputable builder, I would doubt he would build something for the illusionists that he felt was owned by another magician.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » TV Screen Appearance (2 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL