The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Silent and Visual Mind Reading (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

JohnnyReadsMinds
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of JohnnyReadsMinds
Hey guys I'm a mentalist and I have a gig coming up at a loud lounge, I love doing billet routines in all my shows. I was wondering if you guys have any ideas of how I could make a billet routine into something that's highly visual. I had one idea where I could dress a CT into a spiritual routine where I place the pieces into an envelope and cause smoke to emit from the envelope with a reveal. This routine feels a bit forced, but I'm still working on the script. If anyone else has more ideas, please feel free to share.

Much Appreciated,
Johnny
WDavis
View Profile
Inner circle
1276 Posts

Profile of WDavis
Johnny,

How about an introduction of who you are? Influences, style, years performing, etc.

People here are not keen on someone just coming in and saying

"Hey guys I'm a mentalist, now give me routining advise!"

Granted it's paraphrased but I hope you get the gist.

Thanks
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12968 Posts

Profile of John C
With 1 post to boot. Hey walter. When are you coming to florida?
JohnnyReadsMinds
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of JohnnyReadsMinds
Sure, I've been performing for about 10 years now, started off doing card sharp routines, and gradually progressed to Mentalism. Now I'm doing 80% mentalism and 20% card sharp/con routines. My biggest influences are Richard Turner, Paul Wilson, and Ricky Jay for my Card Sharp routines, and Richard Osterlind, Derren Brown, Luke Jermay, and Andy Nyman for Mentalism. I try to include cold, warm, and hot reading throughout most of my routines, and my routines comes off very sherlock holmes type of mind reading. There's something pure about reading that I found that's genuine and transparent as a card sharp is with cards.

Cheers,
Johnny
E.E.
View Profile
Inner circle
Look mom, I have
1534 Posts

Profile of E.E.
Hi there, Johnny!

When you reach 50 meaningful posts you'll gain access to the secret rooms of the green machine where we can freely discuss methods and presentations.
With 10 years of experience I'm sure 50 helpful posts will be easy peasy for you.

Best,
Ever
Professional mentalist and digital artist for mystery performers. check out my work at www.facebook.com/EverElizaldeArtStudio
ibm_usa
View Profile
Special user
In Your Mind, Ky, USA
722 Posts

Profile of ibm_usa
Luke Jeremay has an entire chapter written on the power of silence in Building Blocks Extended. It's worth the read.
"You may think that i only talk of things from the past, you know, history, well magic is history"

-Guy Jarrett

"Curiosity isn't a sin Harry, but it should be exorcised with great caution."

-Albus Dumbledore (Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire)
http://www.jordanallen-mentalist.webs.com/
Last Laugh
View Profile
Inner circle
Grass Valley, California
3498 Posts

Profile of Last Laugh
A design duplication might be a good fit, especially one like ODDS where you can draw at the same time as the spectator. You can use largish pads and set up so the audience can see what you're doing.
My Mentalism Podcast:
The Mystery Arts Podcast

Check out my products!

Direct from me (PW: cassidy)

On Penguin Magic
mikelsc
View Profile
Regular user
139 Posts

Profile of mikelsc
Luke Jermay's essay focuses on suggestion and how silence works in its favor. It's not about being silent in a loud environment.

Patrick Redford recently released "Thought Jump" which has some sort of visual element in it. You might want to check it out and see if it fits your venue.
bevbevvybev
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
2674 Posts

Profile of bevbevvybev
How about getting pre-made up cards for people to write on, with instructions?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Silent and Visual Mind Reading (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL