The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Compare Wong's Double Face ST to Todd's 3T/TTGF? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

wardmagic
View Profile
Regular user
127 Posts

Profile of wardmagic
I have Johnny Wong's double face super triple coin but would like to update to something more. Can anyone give me info comparing double face Super triple coin to Todd's 3T/TTGF. Is it worth going to? Other than cost is handling the same? Thanks. Michael
jonnyboy
View Profile
Inner circle
San Diego
1021 Posts

Profile of jonnyboy
These are much different, in structure and in handling. The effects you can do with the 3T (see Mark Tams book "3T", for example) are extremely varied. This is due to the nature of the 3T. (I have the Schoolcraft 3CF). This is like the Swiss Army knife of coin gaffs, with ['s and Fl*****, magnetically held together with great balance. You can use the various components of the TTGF or 3CF by itself or with other coins in so many different ways. Eric Jones Oxyclean can be performed with this set, for example. One can do all of the various fl***** effects with it. You can use the ['s with matching coins.

As the the double face ST coin, the coins become too thin, in my opinion, for many effects, in comparison to the TTGF or 3CF. To me, it requires it to be used in effects with mostly face on displays to avoid the side edge being viewed. Overall, much less versatile.

Is it worth it? Depends on whether you think you will use it for the effects. I think it is one of my best coin gaff purchases for the money.

John
David Neighbors
View Profile
V.I.P.
4911 Posts

Profile of David Neighbors
The D.F St can be great For stand up no table stuff, But If you set them On the Table You can Tell how Thin they Are! Depends Of If you are Doing Stand-parlor Or Close -up. For Stand up I think there Is more Ease Of handling With The D.F. ST ! But For close -up I think There is a lot more You can do With a 3 T. I have around 45 or so routines With the 3.T ( 5 are in the 3 T. Book! And A few In my 1 ST. hardbound Book! The rest will In One of the Outer 4 Hardbound Books! ) SOOOOO what do you want it to do??? --- for Stand -up I would get the ST. but for Close-up I would get The 3.T.
David Neighbors
the coinjurer
www.daveneighbors.com
Kyoki_Sanitys_Eclipse
View Profile
Inner circle
1513 Posts

Profile of Kyoki_Sanitys_Eclipse
I just want to say I love my 3t. It is a dream to handle and makes for some interesting routines. At its simplest it makes a there coin Routine cake.
bobandjim
View Profile
New user
44 Posts

Profile of bobandjim
I swear by my Double Face Super Triple Coin. The best approach I can suggest is start with a regular one coin routine that you like. Then in the middle of it make three coins appear, change, and vanish back to just the one coin. Then finish up the routine just as you would if you only had one coin.
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
7024 Posts

Profile of bowers
There both very good coin sets.
And each work better in different
coin routeins.
Todd
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Compare Wong's Double Face ST to Todd's 3T/TTGF? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL