The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Help on this PLEASE... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

WR
View Profile
Special user
Utah
945 Posts

Profile of WR
For a final effect in my kid shows/school shows. I want to show a top hat empty then proceed to try and produce a rabbit (Stuffed toy). I will first pull out tons of smaller animals (beanie baby size). I have thought about a load or loads much like the ones used in stage magicians. Only problem is that I want to produce about 15 animals (And one Barney). I have considered using a hole in the back of the hat, which I would reach through, to a bag hung on the back of my table with the animals in it. HELP! What works best? If I do the loads on the back of the table I would need to load three (Because of the size of the hat).
WR
"Tell Em WR sent Ya."
Ty Argo
View Profile
Special user
Columbus, Ohio
525 Posts

Profile of Ty Argo
While I can't think of a suitable method off hand, I think you may want to reconsider the amount of things you are producing.

15 Beanie Baby sized animals is A LOT and it will be very repetitive and get old after the first few come out. Also, once you produce an amount of material obviously larger than the hat could even hold, people will start being suspicious and looking for where it's really coming from.

I would suggest five Beanies maximum, then a final production.

Just my opinion,
Ty Argo
Dyslexics UNTIE!!
Daniel Faith
View Profile
Inner circle
Neenah, Wisconsin
1526 Posts

Profile of Daniel Faith
In one of the shows I do, the entire theme is pulling a rabbit from a hat. PM me if you would like more information. It's too long to go into here.

Anyway, at the end of the show a live rabbit is actually produced from a hat that was shown empty. There are a couple good ways to achieve this.
Daniel Faith
Bilwonder
View Profile
Veteran user
Oroville CA
327 Posts

Profile of Bilwonder
You might try the "Allakazam Hat" from the Mark Wilson Course...a kind of square circle that could hold a large load. If you need to use a more realistic hat, I'd suggest multiple methods and multiple loads and use one production to cover the next load.

You might look into books such as, "Hat Loading Methods" by Stewart James and U.F. Grant or "The Bunny Book for Magician" by Frances Marshall.
billswondershow.com
"You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus." Mark Twain
WR
View Profile
Special user
Utah
945 Posts

Profile of WR
Quote:
On 2004-03-05 00:39, Ty Argo wrote:
While I can't think of a suitable method off hand, I think you may want to reconsider the amount of things you are producing.
15 Beanie Baby sized animals is A LOT and it will be very repetitive and get old after the first few come out. Also, once you produce an amount of material obviously larger than the hat could even hold, people would start being suspicious and looking for where it's really coming from.
I would suggest five Beanies maximum, then a final production.

Just my opinion,
Ty Argo

I should have explained better. My character is a bumbling wizard named Prof. Trickenus P. Bumbledum the new defense against the dark arts. It is around the Harry Potter theme. I tie it all into reading and books for my school shows. I produce a rabbit early on (it turns out to be a stuffed pig with rabbit ears). Later I produce another one (A raccoon puppet in a wizards hat with rabbit ears). And even later I produce a third one (Skunk with rabbit ears). Finally, at the end, I WILL produce a real bunny. I show the hat or what ever empty then start, rapidly, pulling out different animals till finally I produce a rabbit. (All animals are stuffed.)
WR
"Tell Em WR sent Ya."
Rob Johnston
View Profile
Inner circle
Utah
2060 Posts

Profile of Rob Johnston
Also, do kids even know who Barney is anymore?
"Genius is another word for magic, and the whole point of magic is that it is inexplicable." - Margot Fonteyn
NJJ
View Profile
Inner circle
6437 Posts

Profile of NJJ
Whose Barney? Smile
JamesinLA
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
3400 Posts

Profile of JamesinLA
WR,
Like the running gag of pulling the "faux" bunnies out of your hat until the final real bunny. Think that will play very well.

Jim
Oh, my friend we're older but no wiser, for in our hearts the dreams are still the same...
WR
View Profile
Special user
Utah
945 Posts

Profile of WR
Quote:
On 2004-03-05 20:37, Nicholas J. Johnson wrote:
Whose Barney? Smile

I may get kicked off this board forever for this but check out this site. WARNING!!!!!!!!! scary things awit you there.
http://www.hitentertainment.com/barney/index2.asp
WR
"Tell Em WR sent Ya."
magic4u02
View Profile
Eternal Order
Philadelphia, PA
15110 Posts

Profile of magic4u02
Aghhh aghhh Barney aghh make it stop.. Make it stop!!!
hehehe

Kyle
Kyle Peron

http://www.kylekellymagic.com

Entertainers Product Site

http://kpmagicproducts.com

Join Our Facebook Fan Page at

http://facebook.com/perondesign
WR
View Profile
Special user
Utah
945 Posts

Profile of WR
That'll make put a shot gun in your mouth.
WR

THings that make you go ewwwwwwwwwww!
"Tell Em WR sent Ya."
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Help on this PLEASE... (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL