The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Disk. 3 disk monte (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Glenn Watson
View Profile
Special user
781 Posts

Profile of Glenn Watson
I was recently alerted,by Magical Slight,of the second release of their 3 disk monte,called Disk.I ordered it and am very pleased with the release.
Their DVD ,shows a routine and an explanation of that routine.
It then goes on to do very through explanations of moves broken up into basic and advanced.
Not all the moves are used in their routein.So you can develope your own mixing the diffrent moves.
You are shown the basic grip ,a run ,the hype grip and 4 moves .There are 5 advanced moves.
The video quality is very good.
The sound is fine.
Even though English is not the first language of the Father Alex he is understandable.
I recommend this highly.
This is the second time this has been released.Both times it has been a limited release.This time it is limited to 50 copies. after the first run ,I have every reason to believe they will stick to this number.

To answer the most often asked Question ,There is no online video that I know of and I have seen no other review.
I just wanted to let those who were interested that it is available,
If you want it I guess you will have to take a chance .Glenn

http://magicalsleight.com/product/Products
Saturn UK
View Profile
Inner circle
2654 Posts

Profile of Saturn UK
There is this one also http://www.saturnmagic.co.uk/saturn-magi......ick.html

It a bit more versatile as you can customise it how you like.
www.saturnmagic.co.uk

#theshopwithstock Pleased to be different!

FACEBOOK: www.facebook.com/saturnmagic.co.uk
Glenn Watson
View Profile
Special user
781 Posts

Profile of Glenn Watson
Hello Saturn Uk,To my way of thinking the problem with 3 disk momte. Is not the lack of disks available. The problem has been lack of quality teaching . I believe Disk by magical sleight fills that void. I bought disks from 2 different makers the second being Al Lamfers.

when I first got back innto magic I bought a paddle that had white board on both sides. Unfortunately one side got scratched .The erasable marker ink got trapped in that scratch and I could no longer use it.
That is the trouble with white board it is just a thin coating And can easily scratch..Also I do not believe white board would provide the requisite weight needed for some moves.Would you use the white board for out door shows? For indoor work in restaurants and bars wouldn't moisture remove some ink when it was not desireable?

I am not saying these are not well made. Just that these problems are inherant in the material.
I do not own them so some of what I said is just educated supposition.
The quality teaching and 3 Disks costs $2 less for disk. I do believe I could make my own white board disks with rubber ring {ethically I would not}. I can not say the same for Magic sleight disks . However they show you how they are made.
Could you discuss what is taught on the white board instructions? Do they teach the grips and 9 sleights? I just watched the demo and only the H@@p@ is used. is it just this basic routine with the addition of the use of properties of an erasable surface?
Being affected by moisture and the lighter weigh and lack of moves being taught { Presumed}, would make the disks and information you suggest less versitile , would it not? Thanks Glenn
Thansk
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Disk. 3 disk monte (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL