The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Green vs McBride (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Ninian
View Profile
New user
London, England
26 Posts

Profile of Ninian
Lennart Green DVD's are definitely amazing. Just mindblowing BUT... I think most people love them as he's so incredible to watch and be inspired by as opposed to learning routines. His magic is so advanced and in a world of its own that ultimately I don't think you'll actually perform as much of it as you would from other DVDs.
They're great DVDs for watching a master at the top of his game, not necessarily great for learning performable tricks.
But then I've only seen two of them so the others might be different...
steve j
View Profile
Special user
Long Island, New York
559 Posts

Profile of steve j
Ninian, I'm just curious. What are the two that you have seen, were they one of his earlier ones or his more recent ones. Yes his stuff is hard but it isn't impossible, I do much of his stuff with my own touch and I find it to be great to perform no matter where I am. I will say that he doesn't teach all of the routines but I am sure that he teaches everything to create those routines. That is the thing with him, he won't teach you HIS stuff but he gives you the tools to figure it out or create something of you own. I admire him for that.
cardone
View Profile
Special user
860 Posts

Profile of cardone
I love Greens stuff but don't forget he is not a magician who performs for lay audinces full time ... I think a lot of his stuff is great for magic contests and conventions but a little confusing for the lay audience ...I still love what he is doing ... we need guys like him thinking the way he does...... If you want stage stuff McBride is great ...even some of his close up stuff in The 2 disc McBride set is good
Partizan
View Profile
Inner circle
London UK
1682 Posts

Profile of Partizan
McBride will give you a very very good foundation in card handling that will allow you to perform many tricks described in books. Whlie most people look at McBride as a stage manipulator I see these videos as a great foundation in card magic.

Lennarts stuff assumes you have some card skills and will just show you tricks and a few techniques based on mr.greens skill set.
"You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus."
- Mark Twain
Algebra2
View Profile
Regular user
CA
156 Posts

Profile of Algebra2
The Laser Deal by Lennert is a flat out amazing move if you can do it right...
Ryan 101
View Profile
Regular user
Hawaii
164 Posts

Profile of Ryan 101
Lennart Green has some very advanced things. If you are into card productions and things on stage then get McBride's tapes.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Green vs McBride (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL