The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Recent essential coin material (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Seth
View Profile
Special user
566 Posts

Profile of Seth
Hey there guys, I've just got back into magic again after a break of a few years and haven't been purchasing any of the latest stuff on coin magic. I was wondering if you guys could recommend some essential stuff that I've missed out on. Thanks!
MAGICTOM
View Profile
Veteran user
Dallas, Tx
354 Posts

Profile of MAGICTOM
David Stone videos...
Tom Smile
No Man is his craft's master the first day!
J.B. Bobo
Dan Watkins
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
3028 Posts

Profile of Dan Watkins
Muttley,

Make sure to read both http://www.coinvanish.com and http://www.coinmagic.com. Both of these sites are 100% dedicated to coin magic. Coinvanish is my site, all the reviews I write they eventually wind up at Coinmagic.com There are other people that contribute to Coinmagic.com. Read the reviews of David Roth's stuff, Michael Ammar's, David Stone's. They all have very nice beginner material.

Also make sure to check out the Foundations section of Coinvanish.com for some direction on using Bobo's book, and proper technique for the classic palm, etc.

Best of luck with coins,

Dan
Click to visit:
dchung
View Profile
Special user
Montreal
616 Posts

Profile of dchung
As somebody who's just started getting a bit more serious in coin magic, I can concur with Dan that these sites are great.

Oh and thanks Dan. I found the tips on the muscle pass on your website more than useful.

Cheers,
dchung
Brian Proctor
View Profile
Inner circle
Somewhere
2325 Posts

Profile of Brian Proctor
Dr. Michael Rubenstein and Reed Mcclintock. Check out those two. They have great stuff. Smile
David Neighbors
View Profile
V.I.P.
4911 Posts

Profile of David Neighbors
Hi Muttley,
You might take a look at my web site at
http://www.coinjurer.com
Best David Neighbors
The Coinjurer
David Neighbors
the coinjurer
www.daveneighbors.com
Dan Watkins
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
3028 Posts

Profile of Dan Watkins
Quote:
On 2002-06-27 12:59, Coolmoney84 wrote:
Dr. Michael Rubenstein and Reed Mcclintock. Check out those two. They have great stuff. Smile

I would not recommend Reed's stuff to a beginner however.

Dan
Click to visit:
Lee Marelli
View Profile
Special user
Aurora, Colorado
876 Posts

Profile of Lee Marelli
I strongly recommend any of Dave Neighbors' books and lectures to those pursuing the Art of Coin Magic. You will find dynamite material at a reasonable price. Dave is one of the best coinmen in the world. The reason I know is that I was a coinman myself before devoting my time to mentalism. I learned much of my coin magic from Dave. He knows what he is talking about because he actually performs his material.
"Mentalism is a state of mind." Marelli
Darrin Cook
View Profile
Special user
621 Posts

Profile of Darrin Cook
Yes, let me echo previous advice--

David Stone

Michael Ammar

Michael Rubinstein --This guy is incredible. He's "old" in the sense that he was kicking butt in the 70's, but new in that his material is just being re-released in a more popular, accessible manner. It ticks me off to think that this guy's material has been hidden for years.

Doug Brewer --Let me add this name. I love his book "The Unexpected Visitor." He does really deceptive yet practical coin magic.

Great Scott --He has a book of coin magic and a new all-coin book coming out, "Profiles in Coinage." His Flying Eagles routine is killer, and all of his routines emphasize effect without the knuckle-bleed sleights.

Kirk Kokinos --Kirk has some really radical ideas that come out of nowhere. I think for informal one-on-one situations, he has some great material. I also think he has some eye-opening concepts for the person willing to play with his ideas and to develop them.

While I'm at it, kudos to you, Dan, for running a great coin magic site. Coinvanish.com will keep you up to date on all the latest coin material, Muttley. Coinmagic.com is another good resource.
danny
View Profile
Loyal user
England
269 Posts

Profile of danny
As is already said, the David Stone videos are a great resource for up-to-date coin magic. I am using material from it and it goes down very well with laymen.
wayman
View Profile
Special user
England - Sunderland
589 Posts

Profile of wayman
I assume you already have:-
J.B.Bobos, NEW Modern Coin Magic (book)
Kaufmans Coin Magic (book)
Jay Sankeys, Revolutionary Coin magic (Video)
Sol Stones, Quick Casual & Close up (Dvd)
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Recent essential coin material (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL