The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Triception coin set by Bob Swalding and Mark Mason (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
MitchC
View Profile
Elite user
Can't believe I only have
415 Posts

Profile of MitchC
I have both sets and use each for different things. One does not replace the other. GO FOR IT ! SPEND THAT $$ ;-)
tejavoo
View Profile
New user
14 Posts

Profile of tejavoo
Should I get double deception or Triception? double deception is def a lot cheaper!!
MitchC
View Profile
Elite user
Can't believe I only have
415 Posts

Profile of MitchC
Again, they are different. I have all 3 of the ones you've named. They don't substitute for each other.
tonsofquestions
View Profile
Inner circle
1807 Posts

Profile of tonsofquestions
Here's a recent post that discusses some of the differences: http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......t=160#14
mentalspoon
View Profile
New user
24 Posts

Profile of mentalspoon
Has any one used the £2 set.?
Ta
hektormagic
View Profile
Veteran user
349 Posts

Profile of hektormagic
Looks good and popular set, but surprisingly I can not find any full video routine with it on internet. I have many products by Mark Mason (including Double deception deluxe and Shell shocked) and now look on Triception, Come fly with me and Triumph etc., but they are expensive and I don’t want to spend thousands dollars without see video with some routines (only Triumph has such a full routine video). So do you know some video on internet and can give us the link?
Creator of the Monster Card, Multi Lock, Mystery Calendar, Houdini Spirit Board, Houdini Pendulum, Houdini House Spirit Set, UniPeek, Love Connection and Mental Card.
Find more on my website: http://hektormagic.com/products
Joshua Barrett
View Profile
Inner circle
Cincinnati, Ohio
3631 Posts

Profile of Joshua Barrett
I thought the triumph one was pretty lame. I think triception is similar to double deception without the locking mech and a [ added.
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
5313 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
The Triception set comes with a few routines that utilize the set as well as the "extras" (Mark has everything you receive on the product page). Of the 5 routines, I like "Triception" which I guess I would describe as a coins across / three fly type routine that is very good. I also like the "4 No More" routine of Bob's. All that aside, I have said many times before that this is the best set you can buy of everything they sell. All of the gaffs you get can be mixed and matched for several routines out there as well as routines you could create on your own. I see it as a "Tool Box" of gaff coins. For instance, with the /] alone, you can do every effect from Craig Petty's "Flipped Out" or any of the great routines that Troy Hooser puts out. Later, take the exp ] and do any of the many effects out there. Plus, when you combine the two, you can do routines that are Strongly Attractive and the other supplied coin would play a Key Role. Smile
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5338 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
The "Triception" routine mentioned above by Poof is basically Eric Jones's Oxy-Clean routine. If performed well the routines are indistinguishable. You should be able to find a decent video of Oxy-Clean online.

Jim
inigmntoya
View Profile
Inner circle
DC area native, now in Atlanta
2351 Posts

Profile of inigmntoya
Quote:
On May 10, 2018, J-Mac wrote:
The "Triception" routine mentioned above by Poof is basically Eric Jones's Oxy-Clean routine. If performed well the routines are indistinguishable. You should be able to find a decent video of Oxy-Clean online.

Jim

I'd have to say they're similar, but not indistinguishable. For starters, Mason openly produces the first coin by taking it out of his pocket vs magically produced as in Oxy Clean. IMHO, Jones' routine is overall more streamlined, direct, and elegant.

hektormagic
View Profile
Veteran user
349 Posts

Profile of hektormagic
Many thanks for the video. Looks nice. By the way Oxy and Triception sets basically are almost the same. What you prefere and why?
Creator of the Monster Card, Multi Lock, Mystery Calendar, Houdini Spirit Board, Houdini Pendulum, Houdini House Spirit Set, UniPeek, Love Connection and Mental Card.
Find more on my website: http://hektormagic.com/products
inigmntoya
View Profile
Inner circle
DC area native, now in Atlanta
2351 Posts

Profile of inigmntoya
Quote:
On May 11, 2018, hektormagic wrote:
Many thanks for the video. Looks nice. By the way Oxy and Triception sets basically are almost the same. What you prefer and why?

I prefer the OxF as it's "soft locking" -- you can generally toss/handle it like a single coin but the shell lifts off like a normal one. Nothing extra needed to separate the two or keep them in a position ready to use.

On the other hand, there are more gimmicks/tools in the Triception "set" than just the shell+flipper combo, it includes a DVD with routines designed for it, and the "next generation" flipper (NGF) is easier to maintain. An OxF is just the shell/flipper combo and nothing else.
st3v13
View Profile
New user
64 Posts

Profile of st3v13
Would you feel safe handing the m****tic coin with other coins in a coin across type effect?
Bridgehouse
View Profile
New user
61 Posts

Profile of Bridgehouse
Quote:
On Jun 16, 2018, st3v13 wrote:
Would you feel safe handing the m****tic coin with other coins in a coin across type effect?

I struggle to tell it apart from others - there’s a very slight sound difference but it really is very very slight
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Triception coin set by Bob Swalding and Mark Mason (3 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL