The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Color sticks (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

magicjoe
View Profile
Special user
758 Posts

Profile of magicjoe
Very good routine for a reading Dr. Sues show.

https://www.amazekids.com/magic/audience......greenbar
close_up_act
View Profile
Special user
Idaho Falls
774 Posts

Profile of close_up_act
I will be picking this up ! The schools in my area celebrate Dr.Sues birthday in a big way. Who knows., this routine might just set off a whole 45 minute Dr.Sues show! The patter is fun and easy to remember and at $39.99 I think it's priced just right. Amaze kids has hit another home run!

J Rodriguez
J Rodriguez
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8357 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
Buenos dies JR!

Jim Jayes (creator of the COLOR STICKS) has been a friend for about 30 years. He KNOWS what ENTERTAINS KIDS!

He has been a CIRCUS CLOWN, a MAGICIAN/ESCAPE PROGRAM with NATIONAL SCHOOL ASSEMBLIES, and, a veteran school, library and "all around" performer.

He shared the Dr.Seuss patter with me many years ago. It's GOOD!

MURPHY'S sells several of Jim's routines. ASK ABOUT HIS "HOLIDAY HAT BAG"!!!!!!
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
Donald Dunphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Victoria, BC, Canada
7565 Posts

Profile of Donald Dunphy
Quote:
On Feb 24, 2016, close_up_act wrote:
Who knows., this routine might just set off a whole 45 minute Dr.Sues show!

I think that Tommy James has a Dr. Seuss show (or at least several themed tricks) on one of his DVDs. In case you are looking for more ideas.

I think it's this DVD set ("Hands Up to Reading"): https://www.tommyjamesmagic.com/store/in......uctId=48

D
Donald Dunphy is a Victoria Magician, British Columbia, Canada.
Quentin
View Profile
Inner circle
1020 Posts

Profile of Quentin
If you like rhyming patter for this trick it is worth checking out Roy Johnson's version in his book FINAL CALL.
jimgerrish
View Profile
Inner circle
East Orange, NJ
3209 Posts

Profile of jimgerrish
Need another Dr. Seuss routine? Try Qua-Fiki's "One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish" color sponge routine from The Wizards' Journal #20, complete with rhyming patter.
TrickyRicky
View Profile
Inner circle
TrickyRicky
1653 Posts

Profile of TrickyRicky
Love Dick Oslund presentation on the color sticks. A real pleasure to watch a real pro doing his thing.
Tricky Ricky
close_up_act
View Profile
Special user
Idaho Falls
774 Posts

Profile of close_up_act
Some great advice! Gracias!

J Rodriguez
J Rodriguez
Robert Sixx
View Profile
Special user
853 Posts

Profile of Robert Sixx
I just picked up a set of these as I liked the routine, and maybe I just got a bad set but, they aren't too good. I don't expect them to be a great set for the price, but the set I received had one of the strings broken inside the package, one string too long - which is not too big a deal as I can fix that. They're also not very smooth, workable yes, but not too good. I picked up my set from Penguin so I know they will take care of me, but I'm not sure at this point if I will have them replace them or not. I like the routine, but the props - not so much.

Robert
stempleton
View Profile
Inner circle
1443 Posts

Profile of stempleton
Quote:
On Mar 5, 2016, Robert Sixx wrote:
I just picked up a set of these as I liked the routine, and maybe I just got a bad set but, they aren't too good. I don't expect them to be a great set for the price, but the set I received had one of the strings broken inside the package, one string too long - which is not too big a deal as I can fix that. They're also not very smooth, workable yes, but not too good. I picked up my set from Penguin so I know they will take care of me, but I'm not sure at this point if I will have them replace them or not. I like the routine, but the props - not so much.

Robert

Robert, you are not alone. I received my set yesterday and one of the sticks had its tip broken off with the gimmick hanging out... but in addition to that, the workmanship of the props was VERY BAD, and sloppily painted. I was very disappointed. And for a price of $50 with shipping I would certainly expect much more. To their credit, Amazekids was very quick in responding, checked inventory and found all subpar, and offered a refund. (Now let's see if they continuing offering it.) Too bad, this would have been a wonderful preschool show addition. I am so sick of getting crap product... I wish vendors would inspect their inventory BEFORE selling.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Color sticks (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL