The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Uri Geller on Carson (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Jerskin
View Profile
Inner circle
2496 Posts

Profile of Jerskin
Antenna TV has been showing Johnny Carson Tonight Shows.
This Saturday (March 12) the episode with Uri Geller (where nothing works thanks to Randi) is showing.
GrEg oTtO

MUNDUS VULT DECIPI
Ashton
View Profile
New user
85 Posts

Profile of Ashton
I don't have Antenna TV so I couldn't watch the whole show, but I saw on a Randi documentary the segment on the tonight show where none of Uri Geller's demonstrations worked. Randi commented this did not seem to have any affect Geller's popularity, which I found fascinating.
Todd Robbins
View Profile
V.I.P.
New York
2922 Posts

Profile of Todd Robbins
It did have affect on Uri's relationship with the media, and that was significant.
Steve Knight
View Profile
Elite user
Oxford U.K.
479 Posts

Profile of Steve Knight
Did anybody happen to record the show? I've seen the usual clips but never the full interview.
cheesewrestler
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago
1157 Posts

Profile of cheesewrestler
Some theorize that Geller's "failure" actually made people believe that he was The Real Thing - unlike "magicians" who ALWAYS find the thought-of card, et cetera ...
Steve_Mollett
View Profile
Inner circle
Eh, so I've made
3006 Posts

Profile of Steve_Mollett
That's the edge all psychics/mystics have: when they win, they win, and when they lose, they win.
Author of: GARROTE ESCAPES
The absurd is the essential concept and the first truth.
- Albert Camus
Steve Knight
View Profile
Elite user
Oxford U.K.
479 Posts

Profile of Steve Knight
TerrorInt
View Profile
Regular user
144 Posts

Profile of TerrorInt
I think it is sad that people are letting Uri be involved in the mentalism world while still never admitting that he's a complete fraud. It is quite bizarre when you think about it. If he wanted to hang around with me, I'd shun his ass pronto.
TerrorInt
View Profile
Regular user
144 Posts

Profile of TerrorInt
Quote:
On Mar 17, 2016, cheesewrestler wrote:
Some theorize that Geller's "failure" actually made people believe that he was The Real Thing - unlike "magicians" who ALWAYS find the thought-of card, et cetera ...

This works when done well. Too many mentalists "miss" and then treat the subsequent correct reveal as a GOTCHA! moment, which immediately sinks the technique as a convincer. Good technique, pathetic showmanship.
Magical Dimensions
View Profile
Inner circle
5001 Posts

Profile of Magical Dimensions
Quote:
On Mar 28, 2016, TerrorInt wrote:
I think it is sad that people are letting Uri be involved in the mentalism world while still never admitting that he's a complete fraud. It is quite bizarre when you think about it. If he wanted to hang around with me, I'd shun his ass pronto.

Why does he have to admit he is a fraud? Anyone with common sense knows what is real and not ..... Uhhh, wait a minute, that might not be true. Just like your name TerrorInt suggest and reminds me of all those crazy people who creates terror for others in the world, simply because they also believed in a lie...... Yea, I guess that there are really dumb people who are willing to overlook common sense. No matter what you say to a believer, they will still believe in the fraud/lie.

So if doesn't matter if he did announce that he is a fraud. The ones that believe will still believe.

Ray
Steve_Mollett
View Profile
Inner circle
Eh, so I've made
3006 Posts

Profile of Steve_Mollett
Quote:
On Mar 28, 2016, Magical Dimensions wrote:
Quote:
On Mar 28, 2016, TerrorInt wrote:

Why does he have to admit he is a fraud? Anyone with common sense knows what is real and not ..... Uhhh, wait a minute, that might not be true. Just like your name TerrorInt suggest and reminds me of all those crazy people who creates terror for others in the world, simply because they also believed in a lie...... Yea, I guess that there are really dumb people who are willing to overlook common sense. No matter what you say to a believer, they will still believe in the fraud/lie.

So if doesn't matter if he did announce that he is a fraud. The ones that believe will still believe.

Ray

Still, it makes a statement about personal integrity.
Author of: GARROTE ESCAPES
The absurd is the essential concept and the first truth.
- Albert Camus
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Uri Geller on Carson (3 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL