The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » "A Fine Li(n)e" (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Rick Maue
View Profile
V.I.P.
Pittsburgh, PA
586 Posts

Profile of Rick Maue
Greetings,

As a lot of you know, my (lack of) health forced me into a premature, medically-induced retirement some time ago. However, not wanting to completely surrender to the situation, I have been working on a new show for more than five years, with the dream of taking it to a few cities and sharing it with some friends. Sadly, that plan is no longer possible. But, I have decided to retool my dream and produce the show in a different way.

Why am I telling you this?

Well, mostly because creating mentalism has been one of my most important and effective medicines throughout my struggles. My first book ("The Book of HauntedMagick") was created solely as a therapy project when I was first starting my journey back from the head trauma I suffered at the hands of a drunk driver. And each project since then has simply been another step along the seemingly endless path to reclaim some parts of my life. In truth, my mentalism/magic/seance projects have probably kept me alive.

With all of that said, I am taking my next big step by presenting my new show, "A Fine Li(n)e", in my home. Basically, it is a very intimate evening of parlor mentalism, magic (with a bit of seance sprinkled in for added flavor), and autobiographic monologue. I have just begun rehearsals, and I have a dear friend flying in from Texas next month to put his "director's eyes" on it. The first public performance is scheduled for May 14th.

Here's the real reason I'm telling you this...

Life will throw many roadblocks in your path. Some will seem impossible to get around...and some will actually BE IMPOSSIBLE to pass by. But, if you continue to engage yourself in your passions, you will find ways to accept the detours; and even though you may be forced to settle for a different destination, you will still find a way to keep your dreams alive.

In short, if you truly love what you do, it will love you back and take care of you. So remember...what we do isn't about a bunch of effects and methods. It's about living. It's about respecting ourselves. And it's about respecting the art form that allows us to be the person we want to be.

Keep the change,
Rick

PS. Feel free to go here if you're curious about "A Fine Li(n)e":
http://www.deceptionsunlimited.com/AFL.htm

Thanks again, my friends.
Check out what is happening at Deceptions Unlimited

www.deceptionsunlimited.com
Mindpro
View Profile
Eternal Order
10606 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
Quote:
On Mar 13, 2016, Rick Maue wrote:
So remember...what we do isn't about a bunch of effects and methods. It's about living. It's about respecting ourselves. And it's about respecting the art form

I only wish more people understood this and approached our art and industry this way. I wish they took the time to understand this-first.

This is exciting news for both you Rick and the community. I'm glad you've been able to use our art in a therapeutic way to your (and our) benefit. I predict you will be enjoying a full house with this one. I also realize you could just be doing this for your personal benefits but I appreciate your willingness to share with us and to include us into your journey.
Mr. Mindbender
View Profile
Inner circle
1566 Posts

Profile of Mr. Mindbender
Quote:
On Mar 13, 2016, Rick Maue wrote:

Life will throw many roadblocks in your path. Some will seem impossible to get around...and some will actually BE IMPOSSIBLE to pass by. But, if you continue to engage yourself in your passions, you will find ways to accept the detours; and even though you may be forced to settle for a different destination, you will still find a way to keep your dreams alive.

I learn from your mentalism and am inspired by your thoughts and actions! I wish I lived near Pittsburgh.
Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
6732 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
Rick, you rock... and roll!!! Smile Smile

No roadblock can stop you! Have a great show and I know your audience will have a fantastic show that they will talk about for a long time.

Greg
One of my favorite quotes: "A critic is a legless man who teaches running."
Nestor D
View Profile
Special user
France (Paris)
830 Posts

Profile of Nestor D
Beautiful.

Good luck with your show Smile
Nyama Possessor
View Profile
Veteran user
Under the Shade Tree
322 Posts

Profile of Nyama Possessor
Rick l-o-n-g time no see old friend! I was delighted to see and read your post... Perhaps my wife and I can make it out there to see you and the show this summer. It would be great to catch up and to see your performance mastery in action (as always). Your resilience and perseverance is something we all can learn from. Keep striving, keep elevating brother! Smile

~ Nyama ~
The Honorable NYAMA POSSESSOR

Co-Founder & Co-Creator of MAGICAL REALISM, Owner of ANCESTRAL REALM PRODUCTIONS

* 17 Year Member of the Shadow Network * ICBM Alumnus *

Creator/Author of SUMMONING RUMI and numerous other underground proprietary releases...
Books, routines and tools coming soon, available only and exclusively at www.AlchemyMoon.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » "A Fine Li(n)e" (3 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL