The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Shakespeare's Skull (12 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Jon Rees
View Profile
New user
Swansea, Wales
15 Posts

Profile of Jon Rees
A Ground Penetrating Radar scan of Shakespeare's grave has revealed signs that may indicate his skull has been removed (something rumoured back in 1879): http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-cov......35883872

Trying to think of a way to work this into an effect/story - especially with the curse that is written on the grave:

"Good friend, for Jesus' sake forbear, To dig the dust enclosed here. Blessed be the man that spares these stones, And cursed be he that moves my bones."
The Curator
View Profile
V.I.P.
Beware Vampire, I have
3910 Posts

Profile of The Curator
Interesting starting point.
Vic Nadata
View Profile
Special user
Charlotte, NC
935 Posts

Profile of Vic Nadata
Curator I was really expecting a picture of it from your collection.
Nyama Possessor
View Profile
Veteran user
Under the Shade Tree
322 Posts

Profile of Nyama Possessor
Quote:
On Mar 24, 2016, Jon Rees wrote:
"Good friend, for Jesus' sake forbear, To dig the dust enclosed here. Blessed be the man that spares these stones, And cursed be he that moves my bones."

If memory serves correct, Mary Tomich had a Thaumysta effect back in the day which focused on Shakespeare's name secretly hidden in the King James Version Bible (which is a true occurrence based on how many years he lived). Some have postulated/believe Shakespeare penned the KJV with Francis Bacon...

Food for mental digestion anyways.

~ Nyama ~
The Honorable NYAMA POSSESSOR

Co-Founder & Co-Creator of MAGICAL REALISM, Owner of ANCESTRAL REALM PRODUCTIONS

* 17 Year Member of the Shadow Network * ICBM Alumnus *

Creator/Author of SUMMONING RUMI and numerous other underground proprietary releases...
Books, routines and tools coming soon, available only and exclusively at www.AlchemyMoon.com
The Curator
View Profile
V.I.P.
Beware Vampire, I have
3910 Posts

Profile of The Curator
Quote:
On Mar 24, 2016, Vic Nadata wrote:

Oh, if you need a XVIth century SATOR skull, no problemo... Used for necromancy.

PROF BC
View Profile
Inner circle
1445 Posts

Profile of PROF BC
Quote:
On Mar 24, 2016, Nyama Possessor wrote:
Quote:
On Mar 24, 2016, Jon Rees wrote:

If memory serves correct, Mary Tomich had a Thaumysta effect back in the day which focused on Shakespeare's name secretly hidden in the King James Version Bible (which is a true occurrence based on how many years he lived). Some have postulated/believe Shakespeare penned the KJV with Francis Bacon...

Food for mental digestion anyways.

~ Nyama ~

In 1610, when the KJV was being written, Shakespeare would have been 46 years of age. If you look at Psalm 46 and count down 46 words you will find 'shake'; now count back 46 words (ignoring the closing scripta word) and you will find the word 'spear.' As a Shakespearean, I can only say that this is an interesting concurrence. It proves nothing, of course, but I always find a reason to mention it in my classes. In essence, however, it is the same sort of 'false scholarship' that has led some to believe that someone else wrote the plays (an argument founded upon the most specious of 'evidence' btw).

Shakespeare *and* Francis Bacon? Extremely doubtful.

BC
Phasmologist
Rook
View Profile
Special user
I went to the Magic Cafe and all I got were these lousy
834 Posts

Profile of Rook
We could, of course, start with the idea that the skull was stolen and as a result now bears a curse. You don't have the skull, of course; it's bounced around from private collection to private collection for a bit over a hundred years (some of its possessors are acquaintances of yours). What's not very well known is that the skull isn't the only thing that was stolen, and you have been given a bone that is rumored to be his right index philanges. The bone that has penned his famous works (you may now produce a small prop bone; packs smaller than a skull). If it really is Shakespeare's finger bone, is should bear the curse. Let's see tonight if it is authentic...

A curse from Shakespeare would be something involving words, words, words, but not too grand...neither so deep as well, nor so wide as a church door, so to speak. Off the top of my head, I might suggest a mentalism effect that might render the spectator unable to read a word that is clearly legible to the audience.
Those who don't believe in magic will never find it.

-Roald Dahl
Rook
View Profile
Special user
834 Posts

Profile of Rook
Quote:
On Mar 24, 2016, The Curator wrote:
Quote:

Oh, if you need a XVIth century SATOR skull, no problemo... Used for necromancy.

That is a thing of beauty! I have a human skull in my office....I'm only half tempted to take an engraving tool to it now!

-Roald Dahl
The Curator
View Profile
V.I.P.
Beware Vampire, I have
3910 Posts

Profile of The Curator
A little more information about SATOR Skulls here. http://penamerican.tumblr.com/post/30037......th-sator

The skull may answer questions by reciting Shakespeare quotes.
Rook
View Profile
Special user
834 Posts

Profile of Rook
Quote:
A little more information about SATOR Skulls here. http://penamerican.tumblr.com/post/30037......th-sator

Thanks for that!

-Roald Dahl
The Curator
View Profile
V.I.P.
Beware Vampire, I have
3910 Posts

Profile of The Curator
The Curator
View Profile
V.I.P.
Beware Vampire, I have
3910 Posts

Profile of The Curator
And speaking about bones, I remind you this...
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......forum=14
Jon Rees
View Profile
New user
Swansea, Wales
15 Posts

Profile of Jon Rees
Some excellent thoughts! I was contemplating maybe using it to say that the grave robbers also found a lost manuscript in the grave and maybe do some kind of a prediction routine on the title of the play or something.
DocBenWiz
View Profile
Special user
Meridian, Idaho
991 Posts

Profile of DocBenWiz
Using the purloined finger bone as a lead in to the choice of a few pages in the Dopps Shak*spe*re volume amd some relevant reveals might be a natural idea to expamd on!?

Smile Smile Smile
"Pay no attention to that strange man behind the curtain" (it's only "Doc Benjamin from the Amazing Wizardelia Wagon")
Michael Daniels
View Profile
Inner circle
Isle of Man
1609 Posts

Profile of Michael Daniels
There are even more coincidences associated with the Shakespeare psalm.

http://www.mindmagician.org/shakespear.aspx

Mike
Nyama Possessor
View Profile
Veteran user
Under the Shade Tree
322 Posts

Mike, thank you for sharing that man... It just got brought to whole new level for me... Thank you!

Co-Founder & Co-Creator of MAGICAL REALISM, Owner of ANCESTRAL REALM PRODUCTIONS

Creator/Author of SUMMONING RUMI and numerous other underground proprietary releases...
Books, routines and tools coming soon, available only and exclusively at www.AlchemyMoon.com
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18038 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Quote:
Quote:

HOLY SMOKES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Smile
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
PROF BC
View Profile
Inner circle
1445 Posts

Profile of PROF BC
Quote:
On Mar 25, 2016, Michael Daniels wrote:
There are even more coincidences associated with the Shakespeare psalm.

http://www.mindmagician.org/shakespear.aspx

Mike

The 1588 date for Shakespeare's first play performance is almost certainly wrong. The earliest date we can feel confident of is 1590 or 1591 with even 1589 being a stretch. To suggest his first play/s were presented in 1588, so close to Kyd's Spanish Tragedy, is not really reasonable, and one suspects the list compiler is simply trying to pile on another '23' (besides, Will was 23 only until April of 1588, when he would have turned 24). Also, most of this list suggests nothing more than mere coincidence (Will would not have known his date of death, for example, or that his first folio would be published seven years after that, or even that the noted anagram did, would or even should apply to him--indeed, his name is also an anagram for 'I am a weakish speller' and 'I shape warlike males'). In essence, the only date that allows for an argument of Shakespearean intention is the one already mentioned, 1610, when he would know that he was 46 years of age at a time when he was (possibly) working on Psalm 46; but even this coincidence proves little, if anything, related to Shakespeare's actual involvement in the KJV.
Phasmologist
Nyama Possessor
View Profile
Veteran user
Under the Shade Tree
322 Posts

Prof BC,

What is your expert opinion on Shakespeare's possible involvement in re-writing Psalms? Do you have a stance either way? Just curious.

PROF BC
View Profile
Inner circle
1445 Posts

Profile of PROF BC
It is not impossible that Shakespeare might have been one of the many poets commissioned to assist in the KJV project, but no credible evidence exists to support the notion.

BC
Phasmologist
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Shakespeare's Skull (12 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL