The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Micing Participants (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Mr. F
View Profile
Loyal user
Kentucky
247 Posts

Profile of Mr. F
Obviously, it's important that the audience can hear the information that is to revealed, but do you feel it's necessary for participants to speak into a microphone throughout a routine? I'm just curious how different performers handle this.

Thanks
Josh
Alexxander
View Profile
Elite user
Frankfurt, Germany
423 Posts

Profile of Alexxander
I think it is necessary, yes. The interaction with the participants and their reaction is a big part of the entertainment value of a show.
Very often the biggest laughs come from a remark a participant makes.
Also, when you say a humourous line in response to a participant, you need to make sure that everyone hears their words. Basically, they deliver the set-up to your punchline, and a joke only works if the set-up is clear to everyone present.

I also think it is a big turnoff for the rest of the audience when they know that the participant has said something, but could't hear it.
Mr. F
View Profile
Loyal user
Kentucky
247 Posts

Profile of Mr. F
Thanks for the response.

Do you hand the participant their own mic, have them speak into a stationary mic, or do you hold yours up for them to speak into?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Micing Participants (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL