The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » In the Middle by Mark Mason (8 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Quote:
On Apr 8, 2016, martyjacobs wrote:
Quote:
Plus he mentions on the DVD that they're plastic, and washable...as I look at the gimmicks, I think most laymen will not notice anything unusual...
I think, as magicians, sometimes we worry too much...

That's good news, might look at getting this end, as I love monte routines. If you can clean dirt spots off the cards, the trick will last a lot longer.

Quote:
Yes have not bought Corner of Piccadilly but trust me have seen so many people walk past Pauls stand as he explains what a worker this is and I am talking about the top top corporate London boys and they look at each other smile and say really Paul ! That's the Gods honest truth its an alright effect but not great 😊

I'll trust my own experience thanks, which tells me that this is a good trick for strolling situations. Is it the best packet trick ever? No, but just because a few pros don't like it (or don't like Paul's style/material in general, which is more likely the case) this doesn't automatically invalidate the fact that it is a good trick, with a solid structure, and surprising kicker ending. If you don't like it, then that's all good and well, but telling everyone else it's a bad trick when you haven't even performed it is misguided at best.

I never said it was a bad effect I said it was an alright effect and I personally do like Pauls performing style a lot 😊
BinBootin
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

Profile of BinBootin
I'm a Monte Maniac. Paul Gordons Corner of Picadilly Is SUPERB, end clean and with the vintage style cards from Card Shark is IMHO one of the best. I wonder if there is any similarity between In The Middle and Steve Valentines 3. I do like to be able to show the cards at the end, that's just my thoughts.
tomdeg
View Profile
Veteran user
303 Posts

Profile of tomdeg
Both a friend & myself bought In the Middle at the recent MAWNY convention and neither of our discs worked. Both appear to be blank.
n361128
View Profile
New user
Lytham
85 Posts

Profile of n361128
I'm going to order this - I met Mark Mason several times when his JB magic shop was in Blackpool - wonderful guy - always enthusiastically demonstrated trick and willing to discuss tricks - I was so sad when the shop closed in Blackpool - however JB magic moved into the modern world and is online and Mark is doing great in america - does Mark now have a shop in America - or is it all on line - I hope he still has a shop - where you can see him live
n361128
View Profile
New user
Lytham
85 Posts

Profile of n361128
Just ordered - looking forward to getting this
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5338 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
Quote:
On Apr 8, 2016, BinBootin wrote:
I'm a Monte Maniac. Paul Gordons Corner of Picadilly Is SUPERB, end clean and with the vintage style cards from Card Shark is IMHO one of the best. I wonder if there is any similarity between In The Middle and Steve Valentines 3. I do like to be able to show the cards at the end, that's just my thoughts.

No, Steve Valentine's "Three" is very different and in my opinion is more versatile than "In The Middle". I received "In The Middle" about two weeks ago, watched the DVD, and haven't done much with it since. It isn't really that bad but I have a lot of different Monte tricks and nowhere to really fit this one in at this time. I'll get to it sometime and use it. However to me it appears very limited.

Jim
Fire Starter
View Profile
Inner circle
4810 Posts

Profile of Fire Starter
Waiting on mine from Alakazam ,hope they get it in stock and I get it by Friday,my Birthday Prezzie from she who must be obeyed,lol.
Riley
View Profile
Special user
Swansea UK
955 Posts

Profile of Riley
Mine arrived today....very pleased with it. The gimmicks are simple (and silent in operation). I'll probably make up a few extra sets for myself, and a jumbo set in Bicycle.
Fire Starter
View Profile
Inner circle
4810 Posts

Profile of Fire Starter
God I am loosing the will to live I was hoping to get mine, on the 3/6 as it was my Birthday,been over 2 wks since it was ordered,held up in customs,so ****ed off and wish I had gone for something else,crazy it got to spain and not to me in the UK.
Riley
View Profile
Special user
Swansea UK
955 Posts

Profile of Riley
I got mine direct from the USA from Mark. It's worth waiting for.
Fire Starter
View Profile
Inner circle
4810 Posts

Profile of Fire Starter
Going to give it another wk and if I don't get it going to change my order to something else,ridiculous long wait,fed up with it.
Fire Starter
View Profile
Inner circle
4810 Posts

Profile of Fire Starter
What utter BS,last time I buy a trick and have to download the instructions because the creator can not be bothered to release a DVD ,i have tried time and time again to type in the link in the correct way,and nothing very angry indeed.This poxy fad of download instructions is just a pain and will not be buying anymore of Mark Mason stuff from now on.
tomdeg
View Profile
Veteran user
303 Posts

Profile of tomdeg
Mine came with a disc. (Finally got a working one.)
Fire Starter
View Profile
Inner circle
4810 Posts

Profile of Fire Starter
Quote:
On Jun 8, 2016, tomdeg wrote:
Mine came with a disc. (Finally got a working one.)

Yes I thought it did come with a DVD?, link does not work, very dissapointed indeed and very angry just want to see a few handling tips that's all Never been let down before with Mark's stuff but this is my last one from him with a download.
tomdeg
View Profile
Veteran user
303 Posts

Profile of tomdeg
Matbe he had a batch of bad discs, hence the download.]
As both a friend & myself got discs that didn't work.
Recently bought a second, in Florida, as a back-up/spare, and that disc worked.
Fire, I PMed ya.
Legendary Wizard
View Profile
Inner circle
The Wizard , The Legend 162,885,947,3659,
1695 Posts

Profile of Legendary Wizard
High tech isn't always the best , but I would appreciate those kindest creators who can provide both a DVD and download for backup .

Imagine pure ungimmicked tricks DVD in the future to come with just a card with link printed on it , in a small box .

Earth is saved though .
" Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one " ...

- Albert Einstein
Fire Starter
View Profile
Inner circle
4810 Posts

Profile of Fire Starter
Quote:
On Jun 8, 2016, tomdeg wrote:
Matbe he had a batch of bad discs, hence the download.]
As both a friend & myself got discs that didn't work.
Recently bought a second, in Florida, as a back-up/spare, and that disc worked.
Fire, I PMed ya.

Many thanks Tomdeg,all sorted now,all the best
Shane
Fire Starter
View Profile
Inner circle
4810 Posts

Profile of Fire Starter
For those who have this I have posted a little routine idea down in the secret section that may be of interest?.
TheRealMagicMike
View Profile
Regular user
Las Vegas, NV
178 Posts

Profile of TheRealMagicMike
I like this... short, to the point and magical looking... I adjusted the routine a bit from the original to suit my style, but seems to have potential as a nice little opener for me in certain situations.
James Fortune
View Profile
Special user
UK
509 Posts

Profile of James Fortune
Since my last post on this thread, I have bought and am performing IN THE MIDDLE when it is suitable. I like it a lot.

The other two Monte's I do regularly are COLOR MONTE and Paul's CORNER OF PICCADILLY.
Warmest regards
James

James Fortune MIMC
www.comedymagiciansurrey.co.uk
www.bestweddingmagician.co.uk
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » In the Middle by Mark Mason (8 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL