The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Where to Busk (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

cbguy
View Profile
Veteran user
350 Posts

Profile of cbguy
I have seen this question asked before so I figured I'd share what has worked for me and hopefully, it'll work for you as well.

Q: Where to busk?

A: When you have decided to busk and are ready to perform, you’ll want to find a busy place to set your pitch. It’s important to find an area that has heavy pedestrian traffic - people who are not in a hurry to be anywhere. City streets make good busking spots. Outdoor shopping malls make good busking spots. Old town centers and tourist attractions make good busking spots. Public parks, city squares, outdoor Cafés and markets make good busking spots. It’s important to set up where people will have a reason to stop for a moment and reach into their pockets. I have found that it works well to be able to be seen or heard before the people actually walk past you.

Good Luck!
obrienmagic
View Profile
Special user
753 Posts

Profile of obrienmagic
Thank you! This is just what I was looking for. I recently moved to Pomona, ca and am looking for a small location for during the week after my day job. I could drive to LA or Santa Monica, but it is too far to only be busking for a couple hours. Just want to practice my chops and make some gas money for the week. haha
Visit my online store at http://www.obrienmagic.com/magic-shop Smile
danaruns
View Profile
Special user
The City of Angels
808 Posts

Profile of danaruns
How about the Pomona Fair Grounds, if they allow it? Down the 71 at Grand there are three outdoor shopping centers, one with a place for entertainers.
"Dana Douglas is the greatest magician alive. Plus, I'm drunk." -- Foster Brooks
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Where to Busk (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL