The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Spring snake help (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

thomhaha
View Profile
Regular user
northfield IL
162 Posts

Profile of thomhaha
I would like to have spring snakes come out from bread when the loaf is "cut" in half. I have not been able to imagine the gimmick that would hold the snakes in place before the loaf is "cut."

Can be an edible loaf, but could also be fake (i.e. foam rubber).

I appreciate your suggestions!
Donald Dunphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Victoria, BC, Canada
7565 Posts

Profile of Donald Dunphy
Insta Snake by Wolf's Magic might work.

http://wolfsmagic.com/Wolfs_Magic/Insta_Snake.html

You could break open the bread, and then reach towards the opening in the loaf with your hand. Or you could have your hands right at the part of bread that is breaking open, and the snake could pop out at the moment when the bread is breaking open.

- Donald
Donald Dunphy is a Victoria Magician, British Columbia, Canada.
jimgerrish
View Profile
Inner circle
East Orange, NJ
3209 Posts

Profile of jimgerrish
Pringle Can inserted in back end of loaf. When knife cuts down to top of can, use blade to pry open the plastic lid and be ready to bend back loaf to release snakes.
thomhaha
View Profile
Regular user
northfield IL
162 Posts

Profile of thomhaha
Love those insta-snakes, but just can't afford them right now.

I had thought of pringle can insert. Rather than knife, am now thinking of a pin attached to string; string secured to plate with a bot of wax. Thus, when lift bread from plate, string pulls pin. Then rip bread apart and snakes are loosed.

Since bread does not have to be eaten, I am thinking of modifying a loaf from foam rubber that I already own.

More ideas appreciated!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Spring snake help (2 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL