The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » CTW (Card Thru Window) » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Dave Forrest
View Profile
Special user
Scotland
857 Posts

Profile of Dave Forrest
Hi everyone,

Just a note to say that I have released a brand new effect of mine entitled CTW which, as you have gathered by now, stands for Card Thru Window.

For further details of this new effect and to see a video demo please visit here

Thanks,

Dave Forrest.
lithis
View Profile
Loyal user
298 Posts

Profile of lithis
That looks pretty nice.

Would you mind to elaborate on the length/difficulty or the setup? Do you end clean? How practical is it?

I'm seriously condsidering purchasing this effect.
Dave Forrest
View Profile
Special user
Scotland
857 Posts

Profile of Dave Forrest
Hi Matt,

Thanks for taking an interest.

Regards the length of the effect, it varies. The length will depend on presentation, and I include two different presentations with the PDF. One is more 'organic' than the other but both produce the same effect, the card travels through the window. It'll play for as long as you play it.

Difficulty: With practice the actual activation of the gimmick is easy as pie, but I think that the difficult part is how you present it. If we're talking sleights, there is nothing too outlandish. Basically, the gimmick does the 'through the glass' part, the rest is up to you. It is by no means difficult in execution though.

The set up is, as with all 'card thru window' effects, (I assume) pretty substantial. It is by no means an 'impromptu' effect. There is a version included with the PDF which means, in my experience, it can be performed more often, but either way, you will have to set it up ahead of time.

The effect ends clean as far as the spectators are concerned. They can retrieve the card from the other side of the glass and the corner, that they have held from the beginning, still matches.

As far as practicality goes, it is very practical. If you want to make it appear that a card just jumped through a window then it is very practical and very visual.

Yours,

Dave.
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4854 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
This topic has been locked as it is being discussed already in the Pick a card forum. http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......;forum=2
Where the magic begins
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » CTW (Card Thru Window) » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL