The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Bewildered bottle bags... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

carlomagic
View Profile
Regular user
116 Posts

Profile of carlomagic
Hello there,

For some time I have been working on an alternative presentation of Fogel's Bewitched, Bottled and Bewildered. The red velvet bags that come with this effect are perfect as additions to what I have in mind. However, for what I want to do, I need six bags instead of five. Can anybody help?

As far as I know, Supreme magic went out of business and I have had no luck trying to find the maker of these bewitched beauties so that I can get 1 extra. I thought maybe I should buy the whole effect again, and hope the bag is identical to those I already have - but what a waste of all the other quality props that come with it, with no guarantee of a match. So, basically, does anyone know a way of getting hold of 1 red velvet bag from the bewitched, bottled and bewlidered set!?

Any help is always appreciated,

Regards,

Carlo
Ruben Padilla
View Profile
Loyal user
Narrative Strategist
206 Posts

Profile of Ruben Padilla
My wife once made me a nice set of five bags, and I developed a wonderful routine which enables you to devine the item in the fifth (and final) bag without ever having seen what's inside! I'm extremely proud of the routine and have had great success with it in shows, so much so that I considered marketing the effect with bags included. My question is, seeing as this is Fogel's effect, knowing that Surpreme is out of business, and realizing that Lee Earle offers his "No Brainer Bags" for sale, can anyone tell me what I can do to ethically offer these bags for sale? They use the same method of divination as the "No Brainer Bags" but the bags are different in outward appearance. Whose permission do I need, if any, and how can I determine if can share my routine with the magic community? I appreciate your answers.
Uriah Fuller
View Profile
New user
SuperMind
59 Posts

Profile of Uriah Fuller
Ruben,

The "No Brainer" bags work similarly to the original Fogel "Second Spot" bags he developed for Pseudo-Psychometry. Stevens is currently marketing the Fogel bags - http://www.stevensmagic.com/shopping/shopexd.asp?id=4441

One thing you can do is contact Lee Earle, tell him about your routine, explain the similarity in methodology and ask his permission to use the similar methods. Barring that you would most likely have to change the methodology enough so that while it may be remotely similar, it's not spot on.

Uriah
What confessions can you make when your Supermind stands awake - UF
Ruben Padilla
View Profile
Loyal user
Narrative Strategist
206 Posts

Profile of Ruben Padilla
Thanks, Uriah. Good advice.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Bewildered bottle bags... (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL