The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » APPS-alutely » » Help finding a app.... (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Marc O
View Profile
Special user
The Netherlands
755 Posts

Profile of Marc O
Hi guys,

totally a noob when it comes to apps... but hopefully you can help me by telling if there is a app out there where I can accomplish the following:

I want to have a certain prediction on my phone (either typed out or as a photo) and then give my phone to a participant to hold on to.
When the time has come I want them to look at the prediction.
Because the phone has gotten in to lock-down they (I don't want to touch the phone anymore after I have given it to them) have to put in my 4 digit code to open up the phone and see the prediction.

So what I want is to have different predictions linked to different phone codes.
For example, ace of spades 0001, 2 of spades 0002, and so on.

Now does something like this exists for an Iphone?
Max Krause
View Profile
V.I.P.
I should be creating magic with my
1188 Posts

Profile of Max Krause
Angelo Carbone has a text based effect called Magic SMS 2 that allows you reveal not only a color but a card as well.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/magic-sms-2/id857845564?mt=8

I have an app called Tell A Photo that can reveal any image you wish and repeat over and over with different outcomes.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/id989877505

Best regards,
Max
Gui Del Frate
View Profile
New user
69 Posts

Profile of Gui Del Frate
Hi, Marc!

I have an app called PhotoPrediction. It doesn't work in this exact way, but you can show a prediction on your phone without hide anything, and the spectator can open your Photos app and look for your prediction (you will need to unlock your device and show to him where your Photos app is located. Everything is very natural and nobody will suspect anything, trust me!)

PhotoPrediction is available in 2 versions:

iPhone: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/photopre......573?mt=8
iPad: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/photopre......083?mt=8

All my best,

Gui
shomemagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Missouri
2231 Posts

Profile of shomemagic
Anybody have something in Android...
Magically,

Mike King - Sho-Me Magic

You can e-mail me at: shomemagic@gmail.com
Marc O
View Profile
Special user
The Netherlands
755 Posts

Profile of Marc O
Thank you guys for your suggestions!
To bad my Iphone 4 (yes some people still have an Iphone 4 LOL) only has i.O.S. 7.1.2 because PhotoPrediction looks really cool.

I will look further in to the suggested apps and maybe consider upgrading to a more new Iphone.
Gui Del Frate
View Profile
New user
69 Posts

Profile of Gui Del Frate
Hi, Marc!

The last version of PhotoPrediction only works with iOS 8.4 or newer, indeed. But there is a way to download the last compatible version with your device: you can purchase/download the app from the iTunes Store on a Mac or PC using the same Apple ID you are using on your iOS device. In your iPhone, go to your purchases (in App Store > Updates > My Purchases), and you will be able to download the last compatible version!

Best regards,

Gui
Marc O
View Profile
Special user
The Netherlands
755 Posts

Profile of Marc O
Thank you Gui,

At this moment, because after seeing the great apps you all have suggested, I am looking to upgrade to a Iphone 5s.
Then the problem for the old I.O.S. version on my Iphone 4 will no longer be a problem Smile
j100taylor
View Profile
Inner circle
1198 Posts

Profile of j100taylor
I don't know of one that works as you describe. But its a great idea! 10,000 multiple outs!
Lakewood, Ohio
ursmagicbalu
View Profile
Inner circle
India
1080 Posts

Profile of ursmagicbalu
Magic Trick#10 and Foto prediction for Android
“It’s not what you do that matters, or even how you do it;
it’s what the spectators perceive you as doing that matters.
That’s the MAGIC they’ll remember.”
Marc O
View Profile
Special user
The Netherlands
755 Posts

Profile of Marc O
Quote:
On Apr 26, 2016, j100taylor wrote:
I don't know of one that works as you describe. But its a great idea! 10,000 multiple outs!

Hopefully I have sparked a clever guy's imagination and I will be one of the proud owners of a free test-version when this app hits the market LOL.
magicmarcuk
View Profile
Elite user
454 Posts

Profile of magicmarcuk
Hi Marc,

My app MagicWebFX will let you do exactly this but use the spectator's phone instead. You don't need to touch their phone at all.
Marc O
View Profile
Special user
The Netherlands
755 Posts

Profile of Marc O
Thank you for the suggestion.
I will look into it.
Alex Capra
View Profile
New user
Frankfurt, Germany
28 Posts

Profile of Alex Capra
Hi Marc,

I was working on this method a few years ago with a friend of mine. We made it work and had a simple version ready (and loots of ideas how to improve it by introducing videos etc). We came up with some nice touches, but I also suppose that a lot of things we did had been done before by other people.

That was my thread
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......c=515392

Unfortunatelly, we never released it as we were working quite slow and then new ios was released with different lock screen design. So we just put it in the drawer.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » APPS-alutely » » Help finding a app.... (2 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL