The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Coin in Tic Tac box (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Quote:
On 2006-04-27 07:40, niva wrote:
Come on mr Townsend. I know you are an expert in these things? Have you come across anything like this? Smile

One café member, Platt, has something. On that thread other versions are mentioned.
The usual method involves getting a dupe to **** to the inside hidden under the label but anyway... what counts is how well the routine plays for audiences.

Personally if I could get a borrowed and marked coin into a tic-tac box and give it away in that condition... I would do that for people. Seems like fun and gives them a nice memento.

Posted: Apr 27, 2006 8:23am
----------------------------------------
Link if you want a look: http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......;forum=3
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Platt
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
2015 Posts

Profile of Platt
This thread has been dead since 04. Now, two weeks after I posted my tic tac trick video, it's back? Not accusing anyone of anything. It's just very very strange.
Sugar Rush is here! Freakishly visual magic. http://www.plattmagic.com
niva
View Profile
Inner circle
Malta (Europe)
2970 Posts

Profile of niva
Hi Platt.

I was doing some searches and up came a thread which suggested effects with normal objects and the coin in tic tac was mentioned. Up came this thread. Then I did another search and up came yours. That's all Smile
Yours,

Ivan
Platt
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
2015 Posts

Profile of Platt
Listen, coincidences happen all the time. But this is too strange. Yes, this plot is old. But I believed and still believe my method is new. I seriously debated whether I was going to post the video due to sudden "inspirations." Two weeks after posting the video, two people have posted tic tac tricks. Prior to that, this subject had been deader than dead. If you say it's coincidence I'll believe you. Neither of us are going to make a nickel off this effect. So it's not worth fighting. I hope you can understand my suspicions.

Posted: Apr 29, 2006 11:33am
----------------------------------------
I've been speaking with Niva. I just want to give him credit for independently working with a key element of this effect. I've let my suspicions go. He seems like a good guy and I do believe, in this case, we just happen to have some similar mechanical thoughts in mind. As I told him privately, I'll be sure and co-credit him with this aspect of the effect on the dvd. I don't want to speak further on this.
Sugar Rush is here! Freakishly visual magic. http://www.plattmagic.com
niva
View Profile
Inner circle
Malta (Europe)
2970 Posts

Profile of niva
Yep, we have been discussing this privately, and as strange as this may sound we have hit the same method.

You are gonna like this people!! It's so cool.

All the luck with the DVD Platt
Yours,

Ivan
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Coin in Tic Tac box (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL