The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Duck Roller (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

WayneNZ
View Profile
Inner circle
New Zealand
1013 Posts

Profile of WayneNZ
I wish to build my own duck roller.
Anybody know where I might find a flat duck?
Yes I know jokes etc may "fly in "
Flat rabbits are made by a few magic shops.
Malloy only sells the complete set up.
Can anyone help?
glodmagic
View Profile
Special user
USA
501 Posts

Profile of glodmagic
This is your lucky time of the year!

With Easter on the way you can find (as I did) a cheap stuffed toy duck. Remove the batting and tack sew it flat.
Remember ANY of your posts here can be Googled by your customers and Clients. Just entering your name in Google can bring up your negative comments that stay for years!
Chance Wolf
View Profile
Inner circle
2425 Posts

Profile of Chance Wolf
Wayne,
I made a flat bunny for my Bunny Wringer very easily.
Purchase a very high quality THICK Felt. Enough to make 2 duck cut-outs ( this will give the prop more body). Design your Duck pattern using a thick line for tracing later. Cut two panels large enough for the duck. In a DARK room, during the daytime, Tape your pattern onto a window then tape ONE felt panel over the pattern. Then trace the duck design onto the felt. Use Super 77 Spray-Glue and spray both square panels and stick them together. Let them dry. Then cut the Duck pattern at the edges. I used hot glue and black decoritive rope to outline the cartoon as well as inner face details. Then I hot glued the BIG jiggly eyes you find at craft stores ( the flatter plastic capsule kind with the jiggly pupil inside the bubble)
Look online for some cartoon clip art to help design the duck.
It worked GREAT and looked perfect.
If you have any other questions, just ask.
Chance
PS: Glod, GREAT IDEA!!
Creator of Wacky Wolf Productions & Fine Collectibles

A DECADE of building Magic and we're just getting started!

http://www.wolfsmagic.com
glodmagic
View Profile
Special user
USA
501 Posts

Profile of glodmagic
You work to hard Chance..Take a break.

Second thought, don't. We need you.
Get back to your shop!
Remember ANY of your posts here can be Googled by your customers and Clients. Just entering your name in Google can bring up your negative comments that stay for years!
Chance Wolf
View Profile
Inner circle
2425 Posts

Profile of Chance Wolf
Actually I AM taking a break...for this weekend...but then is it a break..I am going into my shop to build some magic goodies for ME Smile
Chance
Creator of Wacky Wolf Productions & Fine Collectibles

A DECADE of building Magic and we're just getting started!

http://www.wolfsmagic.com
Magicduck
View Profile
Elite user
Washington State
484 Posts

Profile of Magicduck
I did much like Chance did. I made my flat duck out of felt. I used to use a mallard, so I kind of matched the body colors, the green head. Now I use a black duck with a white head, worst duck I have ever used by the way...he is a very determined bird and does not much like staying still for magic. I made another flat duck like his markings. You want to do a nice job but, face it, nobody believes it is your duck made flat, so make something that gets the point across but do not break your neck trying to duplicate it.
quack
Clayton Cavaness
View Profile
New user
Arkansas
56 Posts

Profile of Clayton Cavaness
I cut a flat duck out of a white bathroom mat. It had just the right texture for a fluffy duck. I used orange felt to sew on a beak. All the details I drew on with a black magic marker.

I liked this method because there is no sewing except for the beak.

The rubberized backing gave it a real floppy feel and allowed it to get a good grip on the roller of the duck wringer.

I also did the same with a brown bath mat to make a flat dog.

The duck and dogs name was also "Mat"
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7658 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
You might also use the white oilskin tablecloths for picnic tables. It is a kind of flexible vinyl.

You can airbrush or just draw on it with permanent marker.

Years ago, I had a corporate trade show thing going. That after the first day, they wanted me to produce a rabbit. Not wanting to get a real rabbit, I drew on felt and produce it from a collapsed hat saying I forgot to take it out before the cleaners. The client was satified and I made if for about fifty cents.
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Duck Roller (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL