The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Fort McMurray - Gone. (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
7016 Posts

Profile of magicfish
Thoughts and prayers for all Albertans affected by this devastation.
Magnus Eisengrim
View Profile
Inner circle
Sulla placed heads on
1053 Posts

Profile of Magnus Eisengrim
Hey magicfish. I was just preparing a thread about you and the fort. I hope you and your family are safe.

How are you doing and where are you now?

John
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.--Yeats
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21263 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Wow.

I am sorry for all, and that seems to be a significant number, affected by the devastation. Please be safe.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
mastermindreader
View Profile
1949 - 2017
Seattle, WA
12586 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
This is so tragic and sad. My thoughts and prayers are with all of my friends to the North.
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Saturday morning I found the BBC news channel. It had long features on this event. Didn't recall any mention on our news Friday.
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-36224767

Terrible thing happening...refugees fleeing giant fire, driving for hours to the nearest settlement.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Magnus Eisengrim
View Profile
Inner circle
Sulla placed heads on
1053 Posts

After a warm, dry winter we have had a record setting hot May. The winds conspired to drive the fire straight to the city of Fort McMurray. The evacuation had been a model of calm and efficieny. Doctors and nurses stayed with their patients as the everyone from the hospital was air-lifted to Edmonton. Teachers and principals stayed at school until every last child was reunited with their family. Two babies were born during the first night of evacuation. Amazingly, there has only been a single fatality so far.

The people of Alberta have been generous and strong. Already there are two hangars of supplies. People have opened their homes and businesses are providing food and services. I expect to welcome displaced students in my school on Monday.
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
7016 Posts

Profile of magicfish
Quote:
On May 8, 2016, Magnus Eisengrim wrote:
Hey magicfish. I was just preparing a thread about you and the fort. I hope you and your family are safe.

John

Hi John, thankyou so much for thinking of me. My time in Fort McMurray ended before the fire and my family and I are back safe and sound in Ontario.
We have donated some money to the effort and we hope this gets under control quickly.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21263 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
I am happy you are safe.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Magnus Eisengrim
View Profile
Inner circle
Sulla placed heads on
1053 Posts

Quote:
On May 8, 2016, magicfish wrote:
Quote:
On May 8, 2016, Magnus Eisengrim wrote:

John

Hi John, thankyou so much for thinking of me. My time in Fort McMurray ended before the fire and my family and I are back safe and sound in Ontario.
We have donated some money to the effort and we hope this gets under control quickly.

Glad to hear you are well. Let's hope the rebuilding can soon begin!
Mary Mowder
View Profile
Inner circle
Sacramento / Elk Grove, CA
3661 Posts

Profile of Mary Mowder
My thoughts and best wishes to them and to those fighting the fire.

-Mary Mowder
Bob1Dog
View Profile
Inner circle
Wife: It's me or this houseful of
1159 Posts

Profile of Bob1Dog
Glad you and your family are safe Brother.
What if the Hokey Pokey really IS what it's all about? Smile

My neighbor rang my doorbell at 2:30 a.m. this morning, can you believe that, 2:30 a.m.!? Lucky for him I was still up playing my drums.
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
227 Posts

Profile of balducci
Http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/the-......9930041/

Fort McMurray’s fire chief says 85 per cent of the city is still intact
Alberta Premier Rachel Notley says 2,400 buildings were lost, but praised firefighters for saving 25,000 more
Hospital, municipal building and all functioning schools were saved
She’ll also be meeting oil-company executives to discuss next steps
Cooler temperatures are expected to help firefighters get a handle on the fire
The blaze will take months to extinguish, an Alberta fire official says
Police found some people in the evacuated city
Moscow has offered to send water bombers, but Prime Minister Justin Trudeau says there’s no need for international help at the moment
Analysts are scaling back their projections for Canada’s economic growth because of the fire
Canadian insurer Intact Financial Corp. is assessing the damage, and suggests it is of “unprecedented” scope

More at the link ...
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
Magnus Eisengrim
View Profile
Inner circle
Sulla placed heads on
1053 Posts

Beer-loving pig left behind during Fort McMurray evacuation found safe

Quote:
A "tough little" beer-loving pig abandoned during the Fort McMurray evacuations has been found safe thanks to the help of Twitter and Facebook.

Marshall, a black 4½-year-old pig, was left behind when his family fled the advancing wildfire last Tuesday.

Michelle Coutu told CBC News that there was no advance notice of the evacuation and the sight of the flames sent her family scrambling. While she was able to cram her daughter, her grandson and her three dogs into the back of her truck, there was no room for the pig.

"All I could do is let Marshall out of his pen and put some food down for him and pray for the best."

Her family reported the loose pig and posted about it online, urging others to keep an eye out for him.

That came in handy when the Alberta RCMP posted a Twitter photo of a constable feeding a pig watermelon on Monday evening. Many members of this Facebook group set up for the lost animals in Fort McMurray flagged the pig's picture to Coutu, who knew it was hers right away.

"You can always pick out your kids. He has the white tip on his tail. In the picture, you could tell he was a little bit hesitant to get the watermelon … but definitely he's not going to turn down a treat," she said.

"I was overwhelmed, just ecstatic, when I seen his picture knowing that he was OK."

More at the link.
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
227 Posts

Profile of balducci
"Free lap dances, free drugs, free gorilla: Albertans refuse to let Fort McMurray evacuees pay for things"

http://news.nationalpost.com/news/canada......r-things
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
naturalturn
View Profile
Regular user
154 Posts

Profile of naturalturn
For those of you who are not aware - there is a fundraising magic show in New Westminster BC for victims of this disaster...

On
Mon May 16th 2016, Showtime 7p, Massey Theatre, New Westminster BC. fyi It's reserved seating and looks like Main Level almost full. 9 top performers! Get your tickets soon! http://www.masseytheatre.com/event/magic-fort-mac/
www.facebook.com/RayWongMagic
When Magic Went WONG!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Fort McMurray - Gone. (3 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL