The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Oval Carabiner (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

0pus
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
1739 Posts

Profile of 0pus
I have been trying to source a "pure oval" carabiner, whose snap mechanism blends almost seamlessly with the rest of the carabiner - kind like a locking key. I may have to grind down a flange on the carabiner. I want it to look exactly like a normal chain link. I want it to go unnoticed (as if it were an ungimmicked link) when used to join two shorter lengths of chain into what appears to be a single longer chain.

Any suggestions?
Tally_NSA
View Profile
Loyal user
Essex, UK
222 Posts

Profile of Tally_NSA
This is the closest I came to your request:

Which was found on this site:

http://www.weiku.com/products/14208947/S......ook.html

However, I think your requirements will be almost impossible to be met with a standard carabiner. You will probably have to get 1 custom made.
Ray Pierce
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles, CA
2604 Posts

Profile of Ray Pierce
I agree, even if you did find a carabineer that might pass at a distance, it would be very difficult to find a chain to match it. The ratio of the size isn't correct. It looks like a custom job.
Ray Pierce
0pus
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
1739 Posts

Profile of 0pus
Thank you Tally and Ray.
Cliffg37
View Profile
Inner circle
Long Beach, CA
2491 Posts

Profile of Cliffg37
Depending on what you want to do with the hain, there are other, much less expensive ways. Admitedly it will take more work though. If you want an "invisible" way to split a chain, PM me.
Magic is like Science,
Both are fun if you do it right!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Oval Carabiner (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL