The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » And yet another request for ID of a coin (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

M. Tesla
View Profile
Regular user
Coral Springs, Florida
154 Posts

Profile of M. Tesla
Posted elsewhere about a few decks I found and couldn't identify but this time it's a coin...going through everything to cull the easy stuff for to give to and teach my 7 years old step-grandson, who does one helluva cup stacking routine already...

And the coin is obverse, Kennedy half, reverse, Kennedy half with a circular milled cut out in the back large enough to hold a US penny, which is what I found it with...it also has a groove around it where it's milled, and the groove is similar to the groove in a folding coin...

I know I must have bought it but can't find any instructions...sound familiar to anyone? Smile
While the amount of water has remained static, the amount of Tequila and Triple Sec available for making Margaritas has expanded enormously. So you see, we have made progress after all. ~Anonymous
Tom G
View Profile
Inner circle
2895 Posts

Profile of Tom G
Dr. Michael Rubinstein put out an effect with a penny embedded into a half dollar, but the groove around it is a puzzler.
Legendary Wizard
View Profile
Inner circle
The Wizard , The Legend 162,885,947,3659,
1695 Posts

Profile of Legendary Wizard
Not sure if this is the one you're referring to , but here's a video .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yRZPc-s71Os
" Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one " ...

- Albert Einstein
M. Tesla
View Profile
Regular user
Coral Springs, Florida
154 Posts

Profile of M. Tesla
Sort of but not quite...the penny is not imbedded in the half and falls out quite easily if turned over...it looks the same but the way he turned it over, and if you put this in a spectator's hand and they turned it over, the penny would easily fall out...and I can't tell if the substitute he uses has a groove in the middle of the milled edge...but might be...
While the amount of water has remained static, the amount of Tequila and Triple Sec available for making Margaritas has expanded enormously. So you see, we have made progress after all. ~Anonymous
donny
View Profile
Loyal user
Colorado
263 Posts

Profile of donny
"Nickle to Half dollar" is one name. I've always thought it an inferior gaff or at least, I've never messed with it. There's a sleight of hand method for doing the same effect, that is of course...better. Spellbound a nickle to half dollar, and see to it the "change hand" ends clean.
It's not their senses that mislead, it's their assumptions.
M. Tesla
View Profile
Regular user
Coral Springs, Florida
154 Posts

Profile of M. Tesla
Yes, but there's no way a nickle wold fit into the half I have...only a penny...and, Rubinstein's Fusion uses a quarter and a penny...it almost looks like it's intended for some kind of half and a penny, but to do what the Fusion routine does would require a bit if extra handling, and you wouldn't be able to show the penny on top as you started the squeeze...I can't even remember where or how I got it...argghh...
David Neighbors
View Profile
V.I.P.
4911 Posts

Profile of David Neighbors
What does the back Look like? Does it look the back of a bass Washer? If so it mite Be Half Of A Washout Gaff!
David Neighbors
the coinjurer
www.daveneighbors.com
Tom G
View Profile
Inner circle
2895 Posts

Profile of Tom G
Rubinstein did produce the gaff with halves and pennies. I got it with a 64 Kennedy and a penny from him. But the grove on the outside is curious.
bigfoot
View Profile
Special user
502 Posts

Profile of bigfoot
Have you checked to see if the halve is shimmed?
inigmntoya
View Profile
Inner circle
DC area native, now in Atlanta
2351 Posts

Profile of inigmntoya
I can't account for the groove, but it sounds like it could be a version of "Coin Unique" that's lost its magnetic attraction.
M. Tesla
View Profile
Regular user
Coral Springs, Florida
154 Posts

Profile of M. Tesla
Quote:
On May 23, 2016, inigmntoya wrote:
I can't account for the groove, but it sounds like it could be a version of "Coin Unique" that's lost its magnetic attraction.

Nope...Coin Unique is set for a quarter...no way a quarter would fit, and it was never magnetic...this is nuts...
inigmntoya
View Profile
Inner circle
DC area native, now in Atlanta
2351 Posts

Profile of inigmntoya
Can you post some pictures?
M. Tesla
View Profile
Regular user
Coral Springs, Florida
154 Posts

Profile of M. Tesla
Yep, when I find my camera...the house is a cyclone...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » And yet another request for ID of a coin (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL