The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » BANDIT by Darryl Davis & Daryl Williams (a.k.a. The Other Brothers) (5 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
I.M.Wright
View Profile
Regular user
117 Posts

Profile of I.M.Wright
The answer used to be boldness and direction and just do it. But the new thing that we are playing with is an alligator clip. For Darryl and I, the original answer was all we needed and used. The day we shot the trailer we opened with card to pocket, then bandit, and finally confetti card. It wasn't an opener. But the only critisim bandit really had was getting into it. It encouraged us to keep looking and the working answer we have is easy to pick up from your local radio shack.
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Warning: We will run out of new tricks in
4388 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
Thanks. I figured that it might be good to do on a big offbeat, like when people are examining something or talking about a previous effect or something. This isn't a problem, because I usually don't start out with rubber bands in walk-around. I think rubber bands are best once I have established a "fun" rapport.

This isn't original to me, and I can't remember who does this, but I like introducing rubber bands by comparing the rubber band effect to David Copperfield walking through the Great Wall of China and then doing CMH. One rubber band "plays" the role of David Copperfield and the other "plays" the role of the wall.

I'm going to give it a try.

KJ
kevin carmean
View Profile
Regular user
159 Posts

Profile of kevin carmean
I really like this. I agree with Music that a TT is the best solution.
Griflex
View Profile
New user
North Wales UK
89 Posts

Profile of Griflex
Love this effect which I then go into crazy mans handcuffs.

I use size 16 bands Smile
tophatter
View Profile
Inner circle
connecticut
3341 Posts

Profile of tophatter
Why not for the vanish keep it simple just a false transfer , get your sharpie from your pocket as you ditch the rubberband .You then wave the sharpie over your closed fist it's Gone ! your clean .
bluesmagic
View Profile
Loyal user
245 Posts

Profile of bluesmagic
I've found that using the "square" type rubber bands makes everything work better. Vanish and appearing in the hand. Smile
Xiqual
View Profile
Inner circle
Upper left quadrant
4935 Posts

Profile of Xiqual
I have been using a great vanish that works really well. It's on Dan Harlan's magic with rubberbands and in Blomberg laboratories book. It's the appearance of having two bands in Crazy man's handcuffs position, but it's really one band.
I pull the band then act like I'm shooting it towards their hand. I like this better than the vanish in the video.
James
Still with the Chinese circus Smile
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6750 Posts

Profile of videoman
That sounds good. I have the Blomberg book but haven't gone thru it all yet. I'll have to look for it. Thanks for the heads up.
Xiqual
View Profile
Inner circle
Upper left quadrant
4935 Posts

Profile of Xiqual
It's called "Abandon" on page 22. Great book right? Love it.
James
Still with the Chinese circus Smile
Steven Conner
View Profile
Inner circle
2720 Posts

Profile of Steven Conner
Quote:
On May 23, 2016, magicman29 wrote:
Quote:
On May 22, 2016, emyers99 wrote:
This is pretty brilliant. Yes, the vanish is crazy and will take guts but it completely flew by me Smile if you are not a fan of the vanish, the best vanish I've ever seen is by Michael Weber. Floored a room full of magicians at the magi fest a few years ago. It's as crazy as this vanish but in a completely different way. In a set of his notes. In any event, this one is a hoot and I really like the Brothers. Great teaching and fun to watch.

Hi emyers99,
What notes of Michael weber is his vanish on?

Kieran

I believe it is 1984 Lecture Notes "Side Effects"

Best

Steve
"The New York Papers," Mark Twain once said,"have long known that no large question is ever really settled until I have been consulted; it is the way they feel about it, and they show it by always sending to me when they get uneasy. "
rasmus
View Profile
Inner circle
Switzerland
1696 Posts

Profile of rasmus
Here the link for my Method that is the exactly Method used for Bandit (display of one instead of two Bands):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0RsbLCFWVY , released on my DVD Totally Crazy Bands.

this display of one instead two bands (the most important part of BANDIT) was released years before Bandit by
myself. I never received any credits from theese guys and I was never asked for permission. thank you Other Brothers
for that.

rasmus
A World without Magic is a World without Dreams and Hope:)

Creator of: STEEL (performed by Dynamo), X-RAY, Real Coin Bend (performed by Dynamo), Totally Crazy Bands, Rasmus Haunted Deck, MCF CARDS, Jawbreaker, CRAZY CARD CHANGE, POLTERGEIST, STEEL Stage Version,
X-RAY Stage Version
http://rasmusmagic.ch
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » BANDIT by Darryl Davis & Daryl Williams (a.k.a. The Other Brothers) (5 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL