The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Double wrist chopper (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

w_s_anderson
View Profile
Inner circle
The United States
1226 Posts

Profile of w_s_anderson
Is anyone currently building the double wrist chopper like the one Fairchild used to build? Thank you!
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
You might have more luck searching for the Delben Wrist Chopper, that was the original's name.

Viking Magic recently created a new website for all other products that are not made by Viking Magic, called, UpStage Magic. They list a 2 Hole Chopper_Debin, and say there is only one left. Better order before I do. Smile

http://www.upstagemagic.com/product/two-hole-chopper-delben/

I guess Joe Karson (Zombie inventor) also made a model, here is one for sale.

http://magiccollectibles.com/stage/926-o......op-.html
Mark Boody Illusionist
View Profile
Inner circle
1366 Posts

Profile of Mark Boody Illusionist
Is Joe Eddie no longer building? Or is he no longer building this item?
Only he who can see the invisible can do the impossible. Frank L. Gaines
w_s_anderson
View Profile
Inner circle
The United States
1226 Posts

Profile of w_s_anderson
Thank you very much Bill
gimpy2
View Profile
Special user
960 Posts

Profile of gimpy2
The Fairchild and the Delben are different in how they work. The one on the viking site is an authorized version of a Delben made by Louie Gaynor for Stevens. Think they made 50. Check with Stevens and see if they will be getting more made.
Hookem
View Profile
New user
85 Posts

Profile of Hookem
The Karson piece is made by Owen. I have both it and the Delben model. Both are wonderful illusions. Obviously, the Owen model is better made.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Quote:
On Jun 5, 2016, Mark Boody Illusionist wrote:
Is Joe Eddie no longer building? Or is he no longer building this item?

Guess not, as Stevens had another guy make their latest supply.

I can only assume that Viking Magic obtained their supply from Stevens Magic on a swap deal, as many dealers do. As Stevens has the exclusive rights to sell this latest builder's model.
w_s_anderson
View Profile
Inner circle
The United States
1226 Posts

Profile of w_s_anderson
Bill, you may have noticed that the Delbin Chopper on Viking's sight now reads "Out of Stock." Thank you for the help Sir.
gimpy2
View Profile
Special user
960 Posts

Profile of gimpy2
The Delben chopper is just a great prop. Have had mine for almost 40 years and still works and looks fantastic. None of the new ones have the option of the custom stand like mine. Most were made without the fitting in the bottom to attach it. Could be added I guess. The stand is height adjustable so you can fit it to the size of the volunteer. I think it being on the stand all these years is what has preserved it so well.
w_s_anderson
View Profile
Inner circle
The United States
1226 Posts

Profile of w_s_anderson
Well, unfortunately I just received an email from George at Viking profusely apologizing for an error. Apparently there was not one available on their site and it was listed as a mistake. They promptly returned my money. So, it looks like I am back on the hunt.
Scott Alexander
View Profile
V.I.P.
1471 Posts

Profile of Scott Alexander
I have one I might part with...Shoot me an email.
-Scott

Visit my PRO MAGIC SHOP

www.scottalexander.bigcartel.com

Website

www.scottalexandermagic.com
w_s_anderson
View Profile
Inner circle
The United States
1226 Posts

Profile of w_s_anderson
I got a great email from Jay Leslie. Afterwards I decided to contact Fairchild and see if they would do a custom build. Joe Eddie then told me that he actually started building an improved version of their old one and already has 6 available! He just hasn't updated his website yet.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Double wrist chopper (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL