The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Who has the best quality and.... (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
The Baldini
View Profile
Inner circle
I some how pounded in
2445 Posts

Profile of The Baldini
Well.... I do not think our emails were horrible, not good for sure, but I have tried to reach out to him and have openly posted my feelings here and made a public apology to a businessman who never replied. I took the hit in the beginning like a man. I was not doing this for any other reason than to make things better between 2 Magi's. It has nothing to do with purchasing, I post this as I have received PM's regarding my motives, in fact. I purchased several hundreds of dollars worth of Schoolcraft coins and a few DVD's they recommended. So at this point, I hope Mr. Lassen had a great time fishing and I wish him well and for all of his loyal followers who encouraged me to try to make to do the right thing, I thank you, but alas.it ends here and I shall move on.
Thank you all for your input, I love this forum and my fellow brothers and sisters of the magic world.
BanzaiMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1339 Posts

Profile of BanzaiMagic
Don't get me wrong, Baldini. I'm not judging you, I was just reading what you wrote. Your own post said that "we both escalated the email conversation to an ugly embarrassing point." My advice was intended to aid you in accomplishing your goal - nothing more. Todd is certainly a man in magic worth knowing if you want the next 3t, China bit, Mo Faux or the like.

That said, given your start, in my opinion it would take significant time and honest effort to repair things and if you are not willing to do so, you are better off moving on.
Artie Fufkin
View Profile
Special user
853 Posts

Profile of Artie Fufkin
I think some folks initially believe that they are free to converse with Lassen as an equal, and this can lead to harsh words when Lassen doesn't say what you expect a typical businessman to say, and when the potential buyer thinks giving Lassen a piece of their mind is now on the agenda.

As a buyer, you're not really any sort of equal ... you're just a guy hoping to purchase a piece of art directly from the artist, and you're in a que of about 300 other coin magicians who want exactly the same thing as you do ... except there's only a dozen coin sets to go around. The math sort of lays it all out clearly for potential customers.

With Lassen, sometimes you wait in line for months, even years ... just like everybody else has to wait.
Always remember that there are at least 299 guys waiting behind you with cash in hand to buy the exact same coin set you want, and you'll do just fine!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Who has the best quality and.... (4 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL