The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Alligators at Disney (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18028 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Quote:
On Jun 20, 2016, ed rhodes wrote:
I agree. The sign should have read; "Do Not Enter Water! Alligators Present!"

It has to be understood that the alligators aren't being introduced into this environment. They're getting in from the outside and Disney regularly tries to get them out.

So, to follow Slim's suggestion. All the gators at the resort would have to be killed. Then the alligators in the area AROUND the restort would have to be killed to keep them from getting into the resort.

It reminds me of a Kurt Vonnegut story in which a General was trying to get the water frozen on the battlefield so his troops wouldn't have to fight in the mud. Not realizing that the process wouldn't stop with the battlefield and the entire Earth would freeze over.

That's a bit of an exaggeration, but Disney did promise to minimize the ecological damage their resort was going to do and wholesale killing of alligators doesn't really sound practical.

I'd pave the entire thing ... There are a zillion miles of swamp for gators to live in... To keep people safe ... Get rid of the predators ...They eat children and anything small .. It's their nature. Sad but true. I love the amusement parks .. people should feel safe .. It's part of the experience .. "The Happiest Place on Earth" unless you are by the lake??? I'm devestated this has happened .... I love this town...
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
mastermindreader
View Profile
1949 - 2017
Seattle, WA
12586 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
You'd think that someone might have thought about this when they decided to build theme parks over a vast swamp.
stoneunhinged
View Profile
Inner circle
3067 Posts

Profile of stoneunhinged
Quote:
On Jun 21, 2016, mastermindreader wrote:
You'd think that someone might have thought about this when they decided to build theme parks over a vast swamp.

This sounds like the plot for a horror film.

(Housing developments built on ancient Native American burial grounds comes to mind.)

In all seriousness, a family experienced a tragedy, and we're here at the Magic Café chatting about it. This whole discussion, including my comment, is beside the point. The child is dead. May he rest in peace.
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7527 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On Jun 19, 2016, E.S. Andrews wrote:
ISIS has claimed responsibility for this gator. Case closed.

Making humorous innuendo's using ISIS is pretty sick and shallow.
Check out Bafflingbob.com
Salguod Nairb
View Profile

Room 101
0 Posts

Profile of Salguod Nairb
Quote:
On Jun 21, 2016, RNK wrote:
Quote:

Making humorous innuendo's using NVMS is pretty well the norm.
We shall meet in the place where there is no darkness...
Magnus Eisengrim
View Profile
Inner circle
Sulla placed heads on
1053 Posts

Profile of Magnus Eisengrim
Quote:
Quote:

That's ok. The object of the joke isn't ISIS; it's the willingness of people to invoke ISIS as an excuse for an attack on liberty.
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.--Yeats
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7527 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On Jun 21, 2016, Magnus Eisengrim wrote:
Quote:
Quote:

That's ok. The object of the joke isn't ISIS; it's the willingness of people to invoke ISIS as an excuse for an attack on liberty.

What? So you are saying that ISIS is not attacking us because of our values and our freedom? Wow. Go back to sleep if that is what you are saying. If not, sorry for the remark.
Salguod Nairb
View Profile

Room 101
0 Posts

Profile of Salguod Nairb
ISIS and all other terrorist attack us because we give them the most coverage, and that we are impeding them in their homelands.
Magnus Eisengrim
View Profile
Inner circle
Sulla placed heads on
1053 Posts

Profile of Magnus Eisengrim
Quote:
Quote:
On Jun 21, 2016, Magnus Eisengrim wrote:
Quote:
Quote:

What? So you are saying that ISIS is not attacking us because of our values and our freedom? Wow. Go back to sleep if that is what you are saying. If not, sorry for the remark.

Reread what I wrote. Is it even close to what you just suggested?
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.--Yeats
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
227 Posts

Profile of balducci
Quote:

If we do not kill off all of the Disney alligators, then the terrorists have won.
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
Salguod Nairb
View Profile

Room 101
0 Posts

Profile of Salguod Nairb
If proof is still required just look at their name... Ali Gator! That is proof that all gators are Muslims!!!! Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18028 Posts

Profile of Slim King
NOW THAT'S NOT FUNNY ON THIS THREAD....maybe somewhere else...
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7527 Posts

Profile of RNK
SLIM, my family and I are coming to Disney, be there from October 5 to the 11th. Are you guys performing anytime during that span? Would love to meet you.

RNK
Salguod Nairb
View Profile

Room 101
0 Posts

Profile of Salguod Nairb
Forgive me for answering lunacy with lunacy...
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2889 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Quote:
On Jun 21, 2016, Slim King wrote:
Quote:
On Jun 20, 2016, ed rhodes wrote:
I agree. The sign should have read; "Do Not Enter Water! Alligators Present!"

It has to be understood that the alligators aren't being introduced into this environment. They're getting in from the outside and Disney regularly tries to get them out.

So, to follow Slim's suggestion. All the gators at the resort would have to be killed. Then the alligators in the area AROUND the restort would have to be killed to keep them from getting into the resort.

It reminds me of a Kurt Vonnegut story in which a General was trying to get the water frozen on the battlefield so his troops wouldn't have to fight in the mud. Not realizing that the process wouldn't stop with the battlefield and the entire Earth would freeze over.

That's a bit of an exaggeration, but Disney did promise to minimize the ecological damage their resort was going to do and wholesale killing of alligators doesn't really sound practical.

I'd pave the entire thing ... There are a zillion miles of swamp for gators to live in... To keep people safe ... Get rid of the predators ...They eat children and anything small .. It's their nature. Sad but true. I love the amusement parks .. people should feel safe .. It's part of the experience .. "The Happiest Place on Earth" unless you are by the lake??? I'm devestated this has happened .... I love this town...

In my opinion, you would turn Disney World into Coney Island. A better suggestion would be for more stringent signage and people obeying the signs!
"...and if you're too afraid of goin' astray, you won't go anywhere." - Granny Weatherwax
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
227 Posts

Profile of balducci
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Alligators at Disney (4 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL