The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » Hello from Essex, UK (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Connerz88
View Profile
New user
Essex, UK
4 Posts

Profile of Connerz88
Hi everyone!

A little introduction from me. My names Chris and I’m from Essex in the UK, which is just outside London. My major love in life (other than my fiancée of course…) is magic. I’ve been learning and performing on and off since I was about 10 years old. I’m 27 now. I’ve taken my magic a lot more seriously over the past 5 years during which I’ve performed at numerous family events, performed at shows with my local magic club and been lucky enough to perform at friend’s weddings. I try to perform at just about any opportunity I get. The magic I tend to perform most is Mentalism.

When I’m not performing magic I work as a self-employed mortgage broker. I’ve got to the stage where I really want to accelerate my magic, take it to the next level and start performing professionally. I’m hoping that becoming a member of the café (finally) and immersing myself in the wisdom of others here will help put me on the right path towards my goal.

Any advice on where to start on this path would be hugely appreciated!

I look forwards to speaking to you all, sharing ideas and heeding your advice.

- Chris
"Vincit qui se vincit" - Publilius Syrus
www.chrisconwaymagic.com
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8357 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
Egad! The THIRD Brit. to arrive in three days!

There's one good thing. You DO speak our language quite fluently! You probably knew Pat Page or "Ali Bongo"! (They both assimilated well.)

You may need to learn how to spell "color" properly, or how to say "trash can" instead of "dust bin", but, it you work at it, you will probably "fit in" fairly well! Frankly, I like the British, "loo". Over here, everyone says "rest room", and, I'm not tired!

You may find that there is a lot of KNOWLEDGE here, but not always WISDOM! It's easier to acquire KNOWLEDGE than WISDOM!!!

So! Welcome. However, keep in mind that we colonists have long memories! (1776, and 1812!!!)
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
Connerz88
View Profile
New user
Essex, UK
4 Posts

Profile of Connerz88
Quote:
On Jun 20, 2016, Dick Oslund wrote:
Egad! The THIRD Brit. to arrive in three days!

There's one good thing. You DO speak our language quite fluently! You probably knew Pat Page or "Ali Bongo"! (They both assimilated well.)

You may need to learn how to spell "color" properly, or how to say "trash can" instead of "dust bin", but, it you work at it, you will probably "fit in" fairly well! Frankly, I like the British, "loo". Over here, everyone says "rest room", and, I'm not tired!

You may find that there is a lot of KNOWLEDGE here, but not always WISDOM! It's easier to acquire KNOWLEDGE than WISDOM!!!

So! Welcome. However, keep in mind that we colonists have long memories! (1776, and 1812!!!)

Thanks Dick!

To show I'm fitting in, I recently redecorated my 'rest room' and changed the 'color'. I threw all the old stuff in the 'trash can' in my 'yard' (bonus points for yard?). I hope this shows I'm making an effort!

Delighted to make your acquaintance.
www.chrisconwaymagic.com
Mary Mowder
View Profile
Inner circle
Sacramento / Elk Grove, CA
3662 Posts

Profile of Mary Mowder
Welcome Connerz88,

I'm sure I'll see you in "Penny for your Thoughts".

Be sure and check out "Tricky Business".

There is a lot of advice here in the Café but you may have to do some sifting you'll have to do some sifting for the good advice. LOL

You're sure to have a great time.

Best wishes on your upcoming Wedding. It took several years for Tom to get me into Magic but once he did it made me very understanding about Magic issues. I'm just putting it out there.

-Mary Mowder
Connerz88
View Profile
New user
Essex, UK
4 Posts

Profile of Connerz88
Quote:
On Jun 20, 2016, Mary Mowder wrote:
Welcome Connerz88,

I'm sure I'll see you in "Penny for your Thoughts".

Be sure and check out "Tricky Business".

There is a lot of advice here in the Café but you may have to do some sifting you'll have to do some sifting for the good advice. LOL

You're sure to have a great time.

Best wishes on your upcoming Wedding. It took several years for Tom to get me into Magic but once he did it made me very understanding about Magic issues. I'm just putting it out there.

-Mary Mowder

Thanks for the welcome and best wishes Mary, very kind of you! Smile
www.chrisconwaymagic.com
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8357 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
Hey Chris!

Glad you accepted my weird sense of humor! Yes, of course! Five points for "yard'!

I'm retired. Started performing (part time pro.)at age 14. About 20 years later, I became a full time professional. Most of my work was in the LYCEUM field (school assembly programs) but, in the off season, I worked circuses, county and stage fair dates, ETC!

I'm now 84, and, still do an occasional party date. (Gotta keep my "hand" in!)

About 30 years ago, I did a 15 minute segment in my 45 minute high school program, and an occasional college gig. I used some of Maurice Fogel's "stuff". It played very well, but, I dropped the mental material at the end of that season.

Dick
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
Connerz88
View Profile
New user
Essex, UK
4 Posts

Profile of Connerz88
Quote:
On Jun 20, 2016, Dick Oslund wrote:
Hey Chris!

Glad you accepted my weird sense of humor! Yes, of course! Five points for "yard'!

I'm retired. Started performing (part time pro.)at age 14. About 20 years later, I became a full time professional. Most of my work was in the LYCEUM field (school assembly programs) but, in the off season, I worked circuses, county and stage fair dates, ETC!

I'm now 84, and, still do an occasional party date. (Gotta keep my "hand" in!)

About 30 years ago, I did a 15 minute segment in my 45 minute high school program, and an occasional college gig. I used some of Maurice Fogel's "stuff". It played very well, but, I dropped the mental material at the end of that season.

Dick

Wow that's quite the history, Dick!
Glad to hear you're still performing when you can.

I'd love to hear how you got into it all and what you've learnt over the years. I bet you've got some great stories! I understand this isn't the best thread for it so PM me if you like Smile Look forward to hearing from you.

P.s 5 points! Yay!!
www.chrisconwaymagic.com
Sel
View Profile
New user
75 Posts

Profile of Sel
Hi mate,
I am in Essex too! Basildon to be specific.
If you want to connect it would be great. I am upping my magical knowledge at the moment and would great to share. Will direct message you
teenagelabotomy42
View Profile
New user
95 Posts

Profile of teenagelabotomy42
Hi Connerz88

What's your favorite kind of mentalism?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » Hello from Essex, UK (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL