The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The tricks are on me! » » Charity Event... A few ideas (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

GL3N
View Profile
New user
14 Posts

Profile of GL3N
Good evening everyone,

I am volunteering for a charity event at work next Sunday. I intend to perform some close up etc with cards.

I was just wondering what's usually good in these situations where I will walking around and pocket space is a premium.

Whats good magic for kids as well that can be close up ?

I will more than likely perform I'D, EB2.0 and maybe signed card to mouth. Is there anything else you recommend?

Thanks for your help.

Glen.
A. Evans
View Profile
Regular user
Florida
105 Posts

Profile of A. Evans
You can have a card to impossible location and maybe some kind of card monte that doesn't need a table and good luck.
"It's better to have 3 amazing tricks than 10 good ones"
RoryHenderson
View Profile
New user
Bradford, West Yorkshire
75 Posts

Profile of RoryHenderson
Quote:
On Jun 28, 2016, aevans-1500 wrote:
You can have a card to impossible location and maybe some kind of card monte that doesn't need a table and good luck.

I love a good signed card to shoe, that would work!
If a man does not keep pace with his companions
Perhaps it is because he hears the beat of a different drummer
Let him step to the music he hears
However measured or far away
-Henry David Thoreau
Jack Poulter
View Profile
New user
Victoria, BC Canada
5 Posts

Profile of Jack Poulter
Quote:
On Jun 26, 2016, GL3N wrote:
Good evening everyone,

I am volunteering for a charity event at work next Sunday. I intend to perform some close up etc with cards.

I was just wondering what's usually good in these situations where I will walking around and pocket space is a premium.

Whats good magic for kids as well that can be close up ?

I will more than likely perform I'D, EB2.0 and maybe signed card to mouth. Is there anything else you recommend?

Thanks for your help.

Glen.

Personally, I would avoid anything from the mouth. Some people don't care to see or touch anything with the performer's saliva on it. That is why mouth coils a usually produced from the performer's hand.
Just one man's opinion.
You could try somehting like Hot Rod in its place or Color Monte
Basil
View Profile
Regular user
Green Bay, WI
129 Posts

Profile of Basil
I recently did a version of Red Hot Mamma in front of mixed group of kids and adults. I had a couple of the kids compliment their cards which caused the cards to turn from blue to red (out of embarrassment). After the first card changes, I slid it under a the clip of a sharpie in my breast pocket. That way, when it changes to the second card, it's never been out the audience's sight.

The kids seemed to find the "shy" cards funny, and the adults seemed impressed with the second card change.
Ed_Millis
View Profile
Inner circle
Yuma, AZ
2292 Posts

Profile of Ed_Millis
So -- how did it go??
GL3N
View Profile
New user
14 Posts

Profile of GL3N
It all went well guys. Thanks for your help. We raised a fair bit of money for charity as well.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The tricks are on me! » » Charity Event... A few ideas (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL