The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Open Carry (7 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..13~14~15
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
It boils down to that. Funsway and his imagined rights not withstanding.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18033 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Why would a terrorist go into a place where 10% of the customers were carrying either openly or concealed????? At the Pulse here in Orlando it would have been 30 to 1 if only 10% were carrying ... That means the terrorist would have been killed in the first minute ...THIRTY TO ONE.... In Texas a single man with a side arm took out two terrorist before they killed ANYONE!!!!! I think open carry and concealed carry are both covered in the constitution ....It's our right!
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
I have no idea what exactly is or is not covered.

But certainly if a guy had information about who had guns and who didn't it is a tactical advantage a 5 year old could recognize. Conversely not having that information switches that advantage some.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1196 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
I think it's safe to say having information is usually an advantage over not having information.

It's not at all clear to me that having a lot of guns in a public place is safer for most people, on balance, than not having them. But it's VERY obvious to me that in the event of a mass shooting or terrorist attack, if there ARE good guys with guns present, concealed carry is much better for them and the innocent bystanders than open carry.
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
Bob1Dog
View Profile
Inner circle
Wife: It's me or this houseful of
1159 Posts

Profile of Bob1Dog
^ What he said!
What if the Hokey Pokey really IS what it's all about? Smile

My neighbor rang my doorbell at 2:30 a.m. this morning, can you believe that, 2:30 a.m.!? Lucky for him I was still up playing my drums.
RobertSmith
View Profile
Veteran user
330 Posts

Profile of RobertSmith
Quote:
On Jul 26, 2016, funsway wrote:
Still waiting for the lists of "many examples" you both claimed had been presented.

Now, rather than support your claim you say it is "self-evident" and anyone not seeing things your way must be trolling.

Amazing!

I now have the information I desired. If people like the two of you, lacking either integrity or reasoned argument are packing guns (concealed or not),
I and everyone else has a right to feel unsafe in their person and property. It isn't about having guns -- just the ability to use one wisely and judiciously.

I would rather take my chances on a random crazy with a gun than hundreds of persons with poor judgment carrying guns.

It is "self-evident" that the more guns there are, the greater the chance someone is going to get shot with one. I don't want you to protect me -- I just want you to stay far away.

Thans for assisting in my reaching this conclusion. I leave it to other readers here to come to their own conclusion.

You had to touch a hot stove more than once as a kid, didn't you?
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
It is safe to say that which raises one man above another is knowledge. It is not safe to say that a gun is an equalizer when concealing a gun gives some more knowledge than others.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
nums
View Profile
Veteran user
I have a life, or I would have more than
366 Posts

Profile of nums
I recently obtained a very hard to obtain carry permit in Maryland, I have carried for 60 plus days everyday 8-10 hours a day and so far it has not jumped out of its holster and shot anyone, this has been from small towns to Baltimore MD,

I am now much more aware of my surrounding and even friendlier on the road to avoid confrontation, I wish we could open carry but will do so in my neighboring states when I visit as it is legal in all 4 states that touch Maryland.

I hope I never need it but have no hesitation to use it if needed.

NUMS
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4247 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
I have yet to open carry. To this point, I haven't felt any sort of need to.

If a situation comes about where I feel I should open carry, I would certainly consider it, but I have never felt any sort of desire to open carry just because I can.
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18033 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Quote:
On Aug 5, 2016, nums wrote:
I recently obtained a very hard to obtain carry permit in Maryland, I have carried for 60 plus days everyday 8-10 hours a day and so far it has not jumped out of its holster and shot anyone, this has been from small towns to Baltimore MD,

I am now much more aware of my surrounding and even friendlier on the road to avoid confrontation, I wish we could open carry but will do so in my neighboring states when I visit as it is legal in all 4 states that touch Maryland.

I hope I never need it but have no hesitation to use it if needed.

NUMS

Glad to hear it!!!!
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Open Carry (7 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..13~14~15
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL