The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Gaft Card Magic » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Lonnie Dilan
View Profile
Special user
Canyon Country, California
823 Posts

Profile of Lonnie Dilan
Hey guys,

I just recieved my copy of Gaft Card Magic yesterday. I have to say it's a pretty cool video. What you actually get is a dvd with 4 performances and one explaination (the SD prediction is explained).

The three effects you see performed without and explaination are Jackass, Wipeout an Rewind. The three effects are explained in a set of notes that come inside the dvd cover in the form of a little booklet.

Jackass is pretty freaking cool. It's actually my favorite effect in the GCM project. Basically you pull out the 4 jacks and have one selected. Then the spec picks out a card and returns it to the deck. The 4 jacks are waved over the deck and then spread to show that the selected card has jumped between the jacks. You remove the selection and square up the jacks to wave them again. Now the jack that was selected in the beginning has vanished and is found back in the card box. For ending you put the jack and the selected card back into the jack packet, the selected card vanishes from the pack of jacks and is found face up in the deck.

Wipout and Rewind are both worth checking out too. For a bonus you get the SD prediction. The explaination for SD prediction is very clearly explained in text on the screen. It's basically like a supersession with some text to help you along.

I think the material that Syd is presenting is pretty freaking solid. You can read the descriptions and then watch the performances on the dvd to get a full understanding of what you should be doing. There are no confusing effects that will leave your spectators saying "what just happened here?"

For a first time project I have to give Syd major props.

You guys should check it out.

P.s. You also get all of the gimmicked cards that are required to accomplish the effects explained in the notes.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Gaft Card Magic » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL