The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Chad Crews (21 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Eddie Garland
View Profile
Inner circle
Hells Kitchen, New York City
4207 Posts

Profile of Eddie Garland
I am very proud of our own Chad Crews.
His Spooky Library shows are the ultimate in education meets bizarre tales.

Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18038 Posts

Profile of Slim King
AWESOME!!!!!!!
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5316 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
Eddie, I'm VLAD you posted that ! Smile

Nice, Chad !
"If you watch Godzilla backwards, it's about a big ass lizard who helps rebuild a half burnt-down city, then moonwalks back into the ocean"
PROF BC
View Profile
Inner circle
1445 Posts

Profile of PROF BC
I, too, am proud to know the man. This is indeed what we are all about. Fare forward, Chad!

BC
Phasmologist
Brynmore14
View Profile
Inner circle
The Séance Chamber
1815 Posts

Profile of Brynmore14
Great work Chad
Chad C.
View Profile
Inner circle
1522 Posts

Profile of Chad C.
WOW! After several weeks of travel/shows and very little Café time, I get on here and see Mr. Garland has shared his most amazing video - hard to believe it has been 7 years since this was completed. I can still remember sitting in my closet recording the lines into my laptop hoping I did not wake up my wife and sleeping daughter who was only 2 at the time. I still watch this and use it as a promotional piece prior to my visits at schools.

Thanks Eddie for the mention and share! You made my day as well as all these kind posters with their comments!

I must say, it was good to get back into the swing of things after my ECSS performance where I probably felt at my most lowest as far as confidence in my abilities after my section of the bonus lecture - I can laugh about it now but at the time I was absolutely mortified and wanted to fade away into the background afterwards. My ESPoe piece went well and then from then on things went a tad bit crazy - I stumbled on the opening line of my poem, and then almost stepped off the front of the stage as I tried to fit all of the volunteers into a very tight space, then went blank on the beginning of the third stanza of the poem, and thankfully kept it going and finished it out...and then had a slight malfunction with the spirit bells in said routine - some once again due to the tight space and a very hasty set up which, looking back, I would definitely have done differently.

If all that wasn't enough, I then had to become a Blues Brother backstage in about 45 seconds and the briefcase I went to open to hand out the instruments had been bumped and the combination changed - unknown to any of us on stage at the time. As I sat the case down on Jim Magus' table I knocked over his Poe Puzzle effect and saw pieces flying across the stage (You feel pretty low when you knock over Jim Magus' stuff let me tell you), and finally Daniel Greenwolf came over and simply touches the briefcase and it magically pops open - then Jim gives an amazing rendition of Poe Boy Blues along with the band and the crowd loved it. But I will tell you - I was never happier to get off the stage afterwards. LOL!

I laugh about it now - and I think I have finally overcome my absolute fear and dread of performing for performers - something which I had never done up until ECSS II. But I can say this 100%, there is not a nicer and more forgiving and supportive group of folks to get one's worst case of stage fright/nerves/brainfreeze ever than the good folks in attendance - many of whom are also here in this little realm of the Café.

So thanks for the kind words - I'm thankful to know each of you and look forward to next year - even performing a little Poe if called upon!

Now back to packing for the library tour which continues tomorrow!

Chad
espkeith
View Profile
Veteran user
CT, USA
354 Posts

Profile of espkeith
Congratulations Chad! I'm very happy I got see your stint as a Blues Brother and ESPoe piece at ECSS II. Don't worry about the mishap, I don't thin most of us saw....or at least, I didn't. Smile
Jim Magus
View Profile
Loyal user
246 Posts

Profile of Jim Magus
Chad, knocking over the Poe Puzzle only demonstrated to everyone just how sturdy it is made. The only puzzle pieces that flew out were the few that could, and I am still performing it with that particular puzzle. I was especially excited over the world debut of your original routine "the Bells" and I think nobody but you knew it did not go as you originally planned. Looking forward to the upcoming ECSS III.
The Supernaturalist
View Profile
Loyal user
The City of Lights
202 Posts

Profile of The Supernaturalist
Chad, facing your fears is the only way to over come them. You recited more poetry than everyone else at ECSS! Bravo Brother
Chad C.
View Profile
Inner circle
1522 Posts

Profile of Chad C.
You guys are awesome. That is all.
Chad C.
View Profile
Inner circle
1522 Posts

Profile of Chad C.
Guess who is coming to my library show on Thursday?!? The one and only Jim Magus!! And I'm going to finally get me a Poe Puzzle at the same time!!! Too bad my show is "regular" and not the bizarre program. But at least my outfit is a little bizarre...aka 80's gym guy....
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Chad Crews (21 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL