The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Illusioncraft --> fraudulous company? (5 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
drjohn
View Profile
Loyal user
210 Posts

Profile of drjohn
Hi all

before you ask, Adam is not a personal friend but I've been a customer for a while and I was convinced there was a legitimate reason for all of this as it sounded out of character.
I managed to get through to Adam and he was very honest about his situation. And he's given me permission to be open

He's now going through a divorce, and he has 2 kids. It's hit him hard and he's lost a lot of weight due to the stress.
He admits to letting things slide a bit recently and is now aware that he needs to jump back on the wagon as otherwise his business will suffer. He's just come back from a business trip to Abi Dhabi which has given him a 'reset' and now he's back on form to tackle life.

We must all understand that unlike most companies with receptionists and staff that we are all 'human' and most magic suppliers and creators are often one man bands.

Now I'm sure a few of you feel this is not relevant and 'tough ****' and he should have thought of that before ignoring everyone etc etc.

But can I just say this to those that have a less sympathetic ear? **** off and refind your 'empathy' basically!. I run an eliquid company single handedly and after discovering I had Chrones desease last year I ended up so ill that orders slid and I had massive problems with getting stuff out. I tried my best to keep everyone informed and was very open about my issues but I ended up being trolled and hearing through the grapevine that I was being slagged off left right and centre.

My point is this ......DONT start calling companies fraudulent and slagging of people making 'guesses' etc etc .....without doing a little bit of research as I'm sure those that enjoy that sort of trolling will never ever have anything bad happen to them and there lives will be perfect.

Sorry for the rant but I'm sick of all the slagging off and trolling I read on the Café....in all seriousness grow up and act like empathic human beings please
May your darkness come quickly
Mysterious Mike
View Profile
Loyal user
Chicago
258 Posts

Profile of Mysterious Mike
It might be just me, but I don't think being upset about having a business "hold onto" your money and getting nothing in return for MONTHS (with no communication) has anything to do with empathy. Especially over a non life threatening personal issue. Again, maybe just me.
The performance is what really makes it all worth while.
Karl M
View Profile
Inner circle
1276 Posts

Profile of Karl M
Quote:
On Jul 13, 2016, drjohn wrote:
Hi all

before you ask Adam is not a personal friend but ive been a customer for a while and I was convinced there was a legitimate reason for all of this as it sounded out of character.
I managed to get through to Adam and he was very honest about his situation. And hes given me permission to be open

His wife had an affair and hes now going through a divorce, and he has 2 kids from that relationship that he is bringing up. Its hit him hard and hes lost a lot of weight due to the stress.
He admits to letting things slide a bit recently and is now aware that he needs to jump back on the wagon as otherwise his business will suffer. Hes just come back from a business trip to Abi Dhabi which has given him a 'reset' and now hes back on form to tackle life.

We must all understand that unlike most companies with receptionists and staff that we are all 'human' and most magic suppliers and creators are often one man bands.

Now I'm sure a few of you feel this is not relevant and 'tough ****' and he should have thought of that before ignoring everyone etc etc.

But can I just say this to those that have a less sympathetic ear? **** off and refind your 'empathy' basically!. I run an eliquid company single handedly and after discovering I had Chrones desease last year I ended up so ill that orders slid and I had massive problems with getting stuff out. I tried my best to keep everyone informed and was very open about my issues but I ended up being trolled and hearing through the grapevine that I was being slagged off left right and centre.

My point is this ......DONT start calling companies fraudulent and slagging of people making 'guesses' etc etc .....without doing a little bit of research as I'm sure those that enjoy that sort of trolling will never ever have anything bad happen to them and there lives will be perfect.

Sorry for th rant but I'm sick of all the slagging off and trolling I read on the Café....in all seriousness grow up and act like empathic human beings please

Good post ive been ill in the past and got slagged off for not going to jobs but they didn't know my situation like this one so find out before you give people the banjo is a lesson in this
drjohn
View Profile
Loyal user
210 Posts

Profile of drjohn
No its the constant people jumping on threads saying ....well ill add that person to my list of ones to avoid etc etc. And peoples virtual glee in joining in on any witch hunts. Its like FB if anyone posts up anything nice it gets ignored....the minute someone posts anything negative it gets jumped on.

IMO the Café is one of the worst examples of childish pathetic trolling I have ever seen. The way people have a go at certain business and magicians is frankly embarrasing.

So yes I agree that its perfectly OK to be upset that a business holds ont your money for a while BUT its NOT ok for to say that its a fraudulent company and to have ebryone else pathetically jump on the bandwagon to turn it into a witch hunt....that IMO is NOT acceptable
May your darkness come quickly
reignofsound
View Profile
Inner circle
Glasgow, UK
2200 Posts

Profile of reignofsound
A simple out of office message to let customers know their queries will be dealt with rather than no communication at all would be acceptable in most cases?
Mark8infiniti
View Profile
Special user
613 Posts

Profile of Mark8infiniti
I TOTALLY AGREE with Reignofsound.

I'm sorry, there can be ZERO EXCUSES for not putting up a simple STATIC FRONT PAGE on the website just saying "SORRY, DUE TO PERSONAL CIRCUMSTANCES WE ARE NOT TAKING ANY ORDERS FOR THE NEXT 2 MONTHS'........ instead of carrying on letting people order and letting your business become a shambles!

Whilst it's sad what's happened to Adam of course, as far as I'm concerned, any competent business owner has to spend 20 minutes just to save all this aggravation... unless they are physically incapacitated and cannot access a computer. If Adam can go on a business trip to Abu Dhabi, he can set an OUT OF OFFICE NOTIFICATION.

For the record, the times illusioncraft let me down were about 2 years ago... on totally separate occasions... around the times they were living it large at Blackpool.
iNFiNiTi | The Red Pill Magician | SHOCK NOT IMPRESS
Drtriage
View Profile
Elite user
My garden fence has
463 Posts

Profile of Drtriage
Quote:
On Jul 14, 2016, reignofsound wrote:
A simple out of office message to let customers know their queries will be dealt with rather than no communication at all would be acceptable in most cases?

Exactly right. A couple of !minutes setting up an aiuto reply solves a lot of problems.
The Duster
View Profile
Inner circle
1693 Posts

Profile of The Duster
Only saw this thread just now

Ordered two weeks ago

Item was 'posted' 16th April

On 23rd was asked to review product

Never recieved it

Have emailed illusioncraft - but not got any kind of response.

Anyone use them recently and did it all go well [?]

As I'm loathed to waste too much time trying to contact them if they aren't going to respond - so would rather go straight to the chargeback

But on the other hand if they are running the company well, then I'm happy to speak to them and sort this out... as they may well have recovered from the earlier issues... just don't want to waste my time if not
Tomangerry
View Profile
New user
66 Posts

Profile of Tomangerry
He was larging it up at Blackpool in Feb this year too so get over her she aint worth it . Tom
The Duster
View Profile
Inner circle
1693 Posts

Profile of The Duster
I didn't understand your comment - than I realised you are spamming the boards to get to 50 posts

If anyone has any real recent transactions with the buisness and can let me know if they are running properly again, or if the glitch has turned into a much worse situation

Thanks

please no 50 poster spammers
Tomangerry
View Profile
New user
66 Posts

Profile of Tomangerry
Trust me the Duster I have over 3000 posts so I am not spamming the boards . Adam was at Blackpool he was as right as rain and trading as normal with apparently not a care in the world . Tom
The Duster
View Profile
Inner circle
1693 Posts

Profile of The Duster
So... that means everything is ok - and I shouldn't worry he hasn't sent the item yet, or responded to emails - as he will soon and sort it out [?]
Tomangerry
View Profile
New user
66 Posts

Profile of Tomangerry
No but just saying I am not spamming and trying to get 50 posts just letting you know he is about but has a history of not answering people on emails etc so yes I would go for your refund ASAP if I was you so just trying to help you . Tom
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Illusioncraft --> fraudulous company? (5 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL