The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Other animals (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
Rook
View Profile
Special user
I went to the Magic Cafe and all I got were these lousy
834 Posts

Profile of Rook
Sounds cool! From what I've heard, however, Tarantulas can be very easy to injure due to their brittle legs, so be careful!
Those who don't believe in magic will never find it.

-Roald Dahl
Chad C.
View Profile
Inner circle
1522 Posts

Profile of Chad C.
When I produce my tarantula and scorpion, I keep them each in a clear plastic toothbrush holder - the holes on the end are to small for them to escape but allows plent of airflow also. And they are easily seen when produced. You could also use the clear ornament balls from a craft store which makes a very cool display but be warned - they can and will roll them right of your table if nothing is in their way. Tarantulas are extremely easy to injure if they fall from just a few feet so use caution at all times.

I forget the name of the trick, but I use the silk production used to produce a wine glass - show all three silks separately and then reach into the middle and produce the tarantula and scorpion in their containers. It gets a great reaction.

Hope that helps!

Chad
Rook
View Profile
Special user
834 Posts

Profile of Rook
Quote:
On Jul 10, 2017, Chad C. wrote:
When I produce my tarantula and scorpion, I keep them each in a clear plastic toothbrush holder - the holes on the end are to small for them to escape but allows plent of airflow also. And they are easily seen when produced. You could also use the clear ornament balls from a craft store which makes a very cool display but be warned - they can and will roll them right of your table if nothing is in their way. Tarantulas are extremely easy to injure if they fall from just a few feet so use caution at all times.

Brilliant idea! Thanks!
Now, if only I can get Mrs. Rook on board with having either in the house...

-Roald Dahl
Chad C.
View Profile
Inner circle
1522 Posts

Profile of Chad C.
Get a Rose Hair Tarantula if you want the calmest and easiest to handle. And they are a pretty good size as well. Our female just passed away after almost 30 years.
Rook
View Profile
Special user
834 Posts

Profile of Rook
Quote:
Get a Rose Hair Tarantula if you want the calmest and easiest to handle. And they are a pretty good size as well. Our female just passed away after almost 30 years.

Thanks for the tip!

-Roald Dahl
Rook
View Profile
Special user
834 Posts

Profile of Rook
Alas, my corn snake was to make her debut this Thursday, but she appears to be at the early stages of going through a shed. She's a bit skittish when she's shedding, goes off her feed, and doesn't want to be handled. I won't stress her by putting in the show in that condition, so hopefully, she'll be done shedding by then!

-Roald Dahl
Rook
View Profile
Special user
834 Posts

Profile of Rook
Update: Ember completed her shed, ate well, and performed her debut appearance (from a previously empty box) to gasps and rapturous applause! Also, Mrs. Rook agreed to a tarantula...provided that she doesn't have to pet it and it remains in my study.

-Roald Dahl
Chad C.
View Profile
Inner circle
1522 Posts

Profile of Chad C.
Excellent news! Congrats on the debut and the new addition!
Rook
View Profile
Special user
834 Posts

Profile of Rook
Quote:
On Jul 16, 2017, Chad C. wrote:
Excellent news! Congrats on the debut and the new addition!

Thanks! Spousal approval is one step. As it turns out, actually acquiring one is another issue altogether (truth be known, I only tried one place I knew to have them...but they were out).

-Roald Dahl
kippteacher1
View Profile
New user
34 Posts

Profile of kippteacher1
Does anyone use or know of a magician that uses a snake in their show? I've used my ball python (over 5 feet long) in my show for 10+ years. I'm interested in learning how others incorporate them into their acts and what tricks they use for it. Any suggestions would be great! Thanks!
Chad C.
View Profile
Inner circle
1522 Posts

Profile of Chad C.
Quote:
On Jul 23, 2017, kippteacher1 wrote:
Does anyone use or know of a magician that uses a snake in their show? I've used my ball python (over 5 feet long) in my show for 10+ years. I'm interested in learning how others incorporate them into their acts and what tricks they use for it. Any suggestions would be great! Thanks!

I have used them for my entire career in magic - so around 15 years or so.
Rook
View Profile
Special user
834 Posts

Profile of Rook
Yup, I produce a corn snake from a drawer box. Works like a charm and she likes it in there! A friend of mine used to produce his ball python form a rainbow house.

-Roald Dahl
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8357 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
Quote:

I forget the name of the trick, but I use the silk production used to produce a wine glass - show all three silks separately and then reach into the middle and produce the tarantula and scorpion in their containers. It gets a great reaction.

Hope that helps!

Chad

Sounds like "THIS". Bob Sanders will tell you that the concept is hundreds of years old.
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
Rook
View Profile
Special user
834 Posts

Profile of Rook
I've finally obtained a scorpion *and* a tarantula! They are lovely creatures and the wife is not as terrified of them as she thought she'd be (well, maybe the spider).

-Roald Dahl
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Other animals (4 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL