The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Marked Deck Effects (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

MaxAndrew
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of MaxAndrew
Hi all-
I recently purchased a marked deck in addition to a roughing stick. I feel like there are miracles waiting to happen if the two are combined, especially if a stack is involved as well.. Smile Does anyone have any uses they enjoy for the marked deck? Thanks!
CalebRose
View Profile
New user
83 Posts

Profile of CalebRose
Best thing I got is to apply it to mentalism. Have the spectator pick a card and read their mind.
D.Y.Ollan
View Profile
New user
New York
15 Posts

Profile of D.Y.Ollan
Erdnase's original recommendation for dealing s****ds is to use them in conjunction with what he calls "readers," or marked decks. This way you can control a card to any particular position in a deal--limitless possibilities there (you would have to spend a lot of time practicing to read them quickly, so that the deal wouldn't ever feel stilted.)

Haven't put a ton of thought into this one, but a coordination of marked cards and an inv. deck routine might have some fruitful applications.
"Our player confines himself not at all; nor, because the game is the object, does he reject deductions from things external to the game.... The first two or three rounds having been played, he is in full possession of the contents of each hand, and thenceforward puts down his cards with as absolute a precision of purpose as if the rest of the party had turned outward the faces of their own."
--Poe, "Murders in the Rue Morgue"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Marked Deck Effects (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL