The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Looking out for our own » » Abb Dickson (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Micheal Leath
View Profile
Inner circle
1048 Posts

Profile of Micheal Leath
While at an antique store today, in Jonesboro, GA, I saw a magic poster. I asked the owner what she knew about it and was told that it belonged to Abb Dickson who passed away a couple of weeks ago. I never met Abb, but maybe 15 years ago we were both interviewed for the same newspaper article. Abb owned a funeral home nearby and worked with people like Copperfield, Lance Burton, and Penn & Teller.
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8357 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
Was that poster a 'one sheet" for the PRESTO show?
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
Micheal Leath
View Profile
Inner circle
1048 Posts

Profile of Micheal Leath
No, it was George The Supreme Master of Magic.

http://www.collectorsweekly.com/stories/......ter-of-m
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8357 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
When Abb booked his "PRESTO" SHOW for either the SAM or IBM convention, a 'few' years ago, as a "brother" in the SECRET SIX, I was enlisted to do the "BOR", at the blow off.

I pitched Presto posters, and handed Abb a mitt full of "paper", when we tore down.

Michael...you asked about the SECRET SIX, in another thread. I'll duke you in, on that thread.
Micheal Leath
View Profile
Inner circle
1048 Posts

Profile of Micheal Leath
Quote:
On Aug 30, 2016, Dick Oslund wrote:
When Abb booked his "PRESTO" SHOW for either the SAM or IBM convention, a 'few' years ago, as a "brother" in the SECRET SIX, I was enlisted to do the "BOR", at the blow off.

I pitched Presto posters, and handed Abb a mitt full of "paper", when we tore down.

Michael...you asked about the SECRET SIX, in another thread. I'll duke you in, on that thread.

Thanks. I didn't live far from him and I wish I had taken the chance to meet him. I bet Abb had lots of great items. I wonder what is happening to all of it?
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8357 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
I know that he had a 'bunch' of "big boxes! Somewhere in my storage facility, I have hid 'catalog' of illusions that he would rent out to companies for trade shows, etc. Knowing Abb, I'm sure that he made plans for his estate. I suspect that we'll be hearing from Abb's executor eventually.
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7665 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
Some of the boxes were sold off long ago when Abb was in need of money from an unscrupulous employee who was stealing from him. There was also one auction that Artie Kidwell helped with. But yes, there should still be some stuff left someplace.
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Looking out for our own » » Abb Dickson (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL