The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Simple idea (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

George Ledo
View Profile
Magic Café Columnist
SF Bay Area
3042 Posts

Profile of George Ledo
Long story short... last night we ended up with an extra soft drink from the local fast-food place. Didn't want to drink it then, but knew it'd be flat in the morning.

Light bulb went off over my head. I cut a piece of plastic wrap and placed it between the cup and the lid, sealing it tight. Put it in the fridge. Just now opened it. It was still fizzy and most of the ice was still there.
That's our departed buddy Burt, aka The Great Burtini, doing his famous Cups and Mice routine
www.georgefledo.net

Latest column: "Sorry about the photos in my posts here"
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11172 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
Nice to know.

In the vein of cold drinks, I saw this demonstrated on TV tonight. http://www.spinchill.com/

They explained the physics behind it, and took a can of beer from room temperature (72F) down to 36F in 60 seconds.
~michael baker
The Magic Company
George Ledo
View Profile
Magic Café Columnist
SF Bay Area
3042 Posts

Profile of George Ledo
That SpinChill thingie is nice, but I don't understand why not just keep the drinks in the same cooler as the ice. Smaller ice container?

Many years ago, I read about a trick used by butlers to chill a bottle of wine quickly. You wrap it in wet newspaper, then drive around the block while holding it out the car window. Gotta try that sometime.
That's our departed buddy Burt, aka The Great Burtini, doing his famous Cups and Mice routine
www.georgefledo.net

Latest column: "Sorry about the photos in my posts here"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Simple idea (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL