The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Sudo Nimh and eclipse (82 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9
Sudo Nimh
View Profile
Inner circle
1879 Posts

Profile of Sudo Nimh
There are a number of ways to hide this and also obtain the number without them verbally giving it to you or having it written down. Neither of these are described in my write-up; a fella has to keep some things to himself after all. That's how we separate the rank and file. I agree with your assertion that the way to do this is to obtain the number secretly for it to be most deceptive - which is what I do. There are numerous presentational considerations in how I personally perform this which nicely address the issues you raise, but I haven't the inclination to get into a discussion regarding that on a forum - and especially not this one.

One thing I think is worth mentioning, is that I don't believe this effect should be done as a single stand-alone thing. Like a zodiac revelation, it should be used as a lead-in to bigger things and that's precisely how I use it. I think far too often with minor effects like this that there's always a few who mistake them as major effects when they aren't. That certainly seems to be the case at least when it comes to much (but not all) of the material that is released in the prop-less movement. But that's just my opinion and it really shouldn't matter to anyone else what I think.

You're entitled to your opinions and I'm certainly not going to argue them or even attempt to change your mind or suggest you may be right or wrong. Literally hundreds of performances of this have proven it valuable for me and that's all that matters in my books. Now entering my 40th year in this art, I've learned that what others think and do is really none of my business. That's not intended as a snarky comment; it's just my general mode of thought these days. Call it "getting old". Smile
Illucifer
View Profile
Inner circle
1403 Posts

Profile of Illucifer
Thanks, Sudo, for your thoughtful reply. I concur that these sorts of things give it all a much more natural progression, and don't doubt the successes at all. And I most certainly agree that this plays best as a minor effect, supporting a larger picture. Great points, all. And, yeah, I feel you on 'getting old'. It does change how we think about this craft and others' approaches/opinions, but in a way that's best, I think. I only wish I'd had said mindset when much younger. Smile
It's all in the reflexes.
Sudo Nimh
View Profile
Inner circle
1879 Posts

Profile of Sudo Nimh
Quote:
On Dec 6, 2019, Illucifer wrote:
I only wish I'd had said mindset when much younger. Smile

Me too. Heck, I've only recently arrived there. Smile
Illucifer
View Profile
Inner circle
1403 Posts

Profile of Illucifer
Likewise, sir.
Nathan Alexander
View Profile
Inner circle
2022 Posts

Profile of Nathan Alexander
Is this still available for purchase?
Illucifer
View Profile
Inner circle
1403 Posts

Profile of Illucifer
PM’d you, Sudo.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Sudo Nimh and eclipse (82 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL