The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Sticky Wicket (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

The great Gumbini
View Profile
Inner circle
3062 Posts

Profile of The great Gumbini
While my wife and I were at Disneyland last night I bought this item at the Magic Shop there and for $19.00 you just can't go wrong with this. I was wondering how many of you have this and what you think? I've performed this twice so far to nice applause. It looks so clean and honestly it is one of the easiest effects I've seen in a long time.

Good magic to all,

Eric
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5338 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
Not sure what it is. Link?

Thanks!

Jim
The great Gumbini
View Profile
Inner circle
3062 Posts

If you go to Houdinimagic.com and type in Sticky Wicket it will take you to this product. It is very good. Basically you show 7 cards all have a hole in them and all are Blue back but one which is red. You pull this card up a little and put the stick (wicket) through the cards and show the red card is not bound by the stick. You then push down on the card and the card is pushed through the stick and joines the bound cards. You then begin to pull the cards one by one off the wicket and when you get to the red backed card it is indeed locked in place by the wicket. You pull it off and hand it out for inspection.

Good magic to all,

Eric
dooblehorn
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburg, CA
2482 Posts

Profile of dooblehorn
Correct website is actually Houdini.com, the search function of this website does not work, EVEN searching for the product while on same products page, and the description is cut off, since they apparently did not have the space to include a full description. Does not surprise me, if you have ever been in a Houdini store.
It's just too bad because the effect sounds interesting.
Oh, and HERE is the direct link.
The great Gumbini
View Profile
Inner circle
3062 Posts

Thank you Dooblehorn. Wow I see what you mean. I can tell you this much though it it very nice. The effect I mean. I'm glad I saw it demo'd at the Disney Magic shop. I passed it up on a previous trip because it just came in and they had not had a chance to work with it yet. But I do recommend this especially at this price. And it is easy to do but should be worked with to get that natural feeling in the handling. Also anyone who buys this if you ever have any questions I'm always on here and can answer you in PM's if needed.

Good magic to all,

Eric
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12968 Posts

Profile of John C
I have one with a chop stick. (called the sticky rice miracle.... Not really on the name) They had to change it because it was politically incorrect. Hahaha

Everyone knows what a chopstick is but.... what's a wicket?
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
I take it you've never watched Cricket before John??
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
12968 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:
On Aug 20, 2016, pegasus wrote:
I take it you've never watched Cricket before John??

I lived in Ipswitch for two years. Watched a little cricket. When I woke up I always ate Chinese food. That's the only part I remembered.

j
The great Gumbini
View Profile
Inner circle
3062 Posts

The "wicket" in this effect is a little round stick with a little point at one end to go through the hole in the cards. It all fits in the plastic wallet that comes with this so you can easily carry this around with you. I'm telling you you guys will like this. It is a nice fooler and its just fun to do.

Well off to Disneyland again. You guys have a great day!

Good magic to all,

Eric
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
12968 Posts

Profile of John C
It is a fooler effect.
dooblehorn
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburg, CA
2482 Posts

Profile of dooblehorn
Quote:
On Aug 20, 2016, The great Gumbini wrote:
Thank you Dooblehorn. Wow I see what you mean. I can tell you this much though it it very nice. The effect I mean. I'm glad I saw it demo'd at the Disney Magic shop. I passed it up on a previous trip because it just came in and they had not had a chance to work with it yet. But I do recommend this especially at this price. And it is easy to do but should be worked with to get that natural feeling in the handling. Also anyone who buys this if you ever have any questions I'm always on here and can answer you in PM's if needed.

Good magic to all,

Eric

Thanks, Eric. I've got a few very inexpensive tricks that have turned out to be really good, may have to check this out...

Related to that, this thread is really fun:
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......orum=109
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Sticky Wicket (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL