The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Martin Lewis's COUPONS (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

barts185
View Profile
Inner circle
Can you believe I've been wrong on
1355 Posts

Profile of barts185
Http://www.magikraft.com/coupons/

Did anyone see this at Magic Live (or anywhere else) ?

Any thoughts on how long the prep is?

Are there clothing requirements? I'm presuming there are, but it would be great to be pleasantly surprised.

Thanks,
Bart
ASCII
View Profile
New user
59 Posts

Profile of ASCII
Is this not the same routine and method he just published in the last Magic magazine?
it might be for those that couldn't be bothered to make up the gimmick I guess.
Eugene Chekhov
View Profile
Elite user
~Magic~
453 Posts

Profile of Eugene Chekhov
Is there a link to the issue? Thanks for the help! Smile
I love the magic & history of magic! My favorites magicians - Dai Vernon, Max Malini, Fielding West, Michael Finney, Jeff Hobson, Bob Sheets, Nick Lewin, Harry Murphy, Dick Oslund- great showmen of magic!
Eugene_Chekhov@yahoo.com
David Todd
View Profile
Inner circle
2328 Posts

Profile of David Todd
Quote:
On Nov 16, 2016, Eugene Chekhov wrote:
Is there a link to the issue? Thanks for the help! Smile

Hi, Eugene -

No one responded to your question 4 years ago , but I hope you found it since then. Just in case , for you or anyone else interested, I'll mention that it was published in Martin Lewis's column 'Making Magic' in the very last issue of Magic , August 2016. It's brilliant . It can be used as is with Martin's routine , but recently it occurred to me that another application could be to solve the rather awkward handling of the ditch in the last few moments of Richard Osterlind's Signed Torn & Restored Newspaper. Combine Osterlind's clever set up to allow for the paper to be signed (and the signed paper restored and handed out to the spectator ) along with Lewis's ditch .

You can see what I mean at the 3:14 - 3:19 mark in this video of Osterlind's version: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZjTR6RbqhDI

It's all good up to that point , but those 5 seconds from 3:14 - 3:19 looks very suspicious .

Now watch how clean Martin Lewis's ending is (1:22 - 1:27) as the restoration happens and the paper is immediately handed out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-ZfFPjo-nE
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Martin Lewis's COUPONS (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL