The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Coin Holder (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

cbguy
View Profile
Veteran user
350 Posts

Profile of cbguy
What is a good suggestion of a coin holder for Baxt's Miser's Dream. Not wearing a coat and no sleeves.
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8357 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
Bob Baxt is a good friend of mine. He learned a lot from Al Flosso, years ago. (So did I, to tell the truth) Bob and I think "alike" about the MD!

But my MD, and Al's, don't need holders or droppers! hee hee! (I don't wear a coat, either, and, my shirt is short sleeved.)

Years ago, in the '40a, I used Tarbell droppers.
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
robert_baxt
View Profile
New user
Hollywood, CA. USA
87 Posts

Profile of robert_baxt
Dick Oslund, I also learned a lot from you! Your book "The Road Scholar" is a must read for anyone who performs in the real world. As for coin holders, as you can see when you buy my DVD "Baxt, A Boy, & A Bucket: Robert Baxt's Super Easy to do, Lots of Laughs, Miser's Dream Routine" I do not use a typical magician's coin holder.
plink
View Profile
Special user
661 Posts

Profile of plink
Many years ago in a Linking Ring someone had a coin holder made from two wires from twist ties. The paper was stripped from the wire. The wires are wrapped once in the center making an "X". The coins are placed in the center and the wires are twisted shut. The coins can be fastened to a belt loop before closing it or it can be pinned where you would like. The coins are retrieved by pushing the wires apart. A new holder is easy and cheap to use.
Bambu
View Profile
Elite user
California
498 Posts

Profile of Bambu
You can try this DIY coin holder: http://www.lybrary.com/cosmar-coin-gimmick-p-152557.html
:spinningcoin: Smile
simplymagicweb
View Profile
Inner circle
Norfolk, UK
1415 Posts

Profile of simplymagicweb
My Secret Servante can be fixed to a belt too 😄
Magically,

Website - www.simplymagic.co.uk
Twitter - www.twitter.com/simplymagic19
Facebook - www.facebook.com/SeanGoodmanMagician

Creator of BDZ, Holidayz, The Grayle, DUO, Secret Servante, Genetics, Vision, Tick Tock, Starstruck, CelebriDate, MagiDate, Focus, SIGMA and R2R
jakeg
View Profile
Inner circle
1741 Posts

Profile of jakeg
Attach a coin holder to your table or on you case. Better yet, read Dick's book. You'll find a lot of ideas on those pages.
David Neighbors
View Profile
V.I.P.
4911 Posts

Profile of David Neighbors
Well For Me That Would make It A lot more Useful ! As I Where A Long vest That Covers My Belt But Just Have no sleeves on that vest !
David Neighbors
the coinjurer
www.daveneighbors.com
Stperformer
View Profile
Loyal user
291 Posts

Profile of Stperformer
Simplicity being often the best solution for the Street Performer...here's what I sometimes do.

Have your stack of coins in pocket.....show hands empty.....reach both hands into pockets, grab coin(s) and pull pockets inside out showing empty...tuck pockets back in retaining coin(s)...and your loaded ready to go. I can't remember where I originally got the idea. I think Pat Page?

However often my pockets are loaded with other stuff for other routines in which case I just simply steal them from my table servant, or the actual bucket, or my back small pouch. I found there is really often No need for any loader.

Oh and BTW, I have Bax's DVD and it great for the street performer. Get right to the point which is fun & entertaining.
simplymagicweb
View Profile
Inner circle
Norfolk, UK
1415 Posts

Here's an exposed view of the loading and unloading of SS when attached to a jacket, but can also be attached to a waistcoat or belt

https://youtu.be/rh6PcQwkNEk
Magically,

Creator of BDZ, Holidayz, The Grayle, DUO, Secret Servante, Genetics, Vision, Tick Tock, Starstruck, CelebriDate, MagiDate, Focus, SIGMA and R2R
David Neighbors
View Profile
V.I.P.
4911 Posts

Looks Good Man!! Smile And I like That you Can Load Or ditch One at A time!:)
David Neighbors
the coinjurer
www.daveneighbors.com
Stperformer
View Profile
Loyal user
291 Posts

Profile of Stperformer
Wow! I must admit the Secret Sevante looks great.

I luv that you can both steal and ditch with it.

Most holders I've seem you can only steal & must reset.

This opens up a whole world of possibilities beyond what I was thinking.
David Neighbors
View Profile
V.I.P.
4911 Posts

Yea I just ordered One from Varnishing ink Yesterday ! And It Shipped out all ready today. So when they say ships out in 24 Hours They meme it!!! Smile
David Neighbors
the coinjurer
www.daveneighbors.com
David Neighbors
View Profile
V.I.P.
4911 Posts

I have all ready started playing with some stuff in my head for it! Smile
David Neighbors
the coinjurer
www.daveneighbors.com
simplymagicweb
View Profile
Inner circle
Norfolk, UK
1415 Posts

Thanks guys. I'm really proud of SS - it's so simple but does the job! It can be used for folded cards, coins, rings and other small items which opens up lots of opportunities.
Magically,

Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9530 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Quote:
On Dec 19, 2016, Stperformer wrote:
Wow! I must admit the Secret Sevante looks great…

...This opens up a whole world of possibilities beyond what I was thinking.

It is...it does...and it will…Just brilliant! Smile
*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
simplymagicweb
View Profile
Inner circle
Norfolk, UK
1415 Posts

Magically,

David Neighbors
View Profile
V.I.P.
4911 Posts

Ok I got 3 Things Worked out in My Head s soon As I get The The Hold-out! So you ever Think About doing A book on It??? Smile
David Neighbors
the coinjurer
www.daveneighbors.com
simplymagicweb
View Profile
Inner circle
Norfolk, UK
1415 Posts

Hi David. Watch this space... in 2017 myself and my buddy Wayne Fox, will be releasing something regarding SS - should be fun 😉
Magically,

RitalDino
View Profile
New user
59 Posts

Profile of RitalDino
The Traveler, from Jeff Copeland, isn't a holder at all but I find it usefull for Miser's Dream routines nonetheless. Of course it isn't it's first objective, but it works very well with some thinking. I use it for the three first productions and it is sneaky!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Coin Holder (3 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL