The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Monte Test by Anthony Stan and Magic Smile Productions (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Saturn UK
View Profile
Inner circle
2654 Posts

Profile of Saturn UK
Check this trick out, it came into stock today and sold out right away, more are due in a few days http://www.saturnmagic.co.uk/new-magic/m......ons.html

Monte Test is an original version of the famous three card monte routine. Anthony Stan presents to you a new approach with MULTIPLE PHASES, and where you finish completely CLEAN.

The game is simple, the spectator must find the winning card which is the different card (for example: the 9 of spades).

Phase 1: The spectator tries to find the winning card, but he is wrong.

Phase 2: The winning card (the 9 of spades) becomes red. Now, the card has a red back and it's easy to follow.

Phase 3: The spectator tries again but when the red card is revealed, it's not the winning card (for example: it's the 9 of hearts). The magician gives two other chances to the spectator but he is wrong on both of them. Then, the red backed card turns to a blue backed card once again.

Phase 4: The magician puts one card (the 9 of hearts) in his pocket and keeps only two cards in his hands. But now, these cards are the 9 of hearts and the winning card (the 9 of spades) is in the magician's pocket.
Hand the cards to the spectator for examination
Includes the cards and video instructions(English/Français)
Ready out of the box
Easy to do
Examinable
4 killer phases
2 handlings
Note: The cards included may have different faces to those shown in the trailer
www.saturnmagic.co.uk

#theshopwithstock Pleased to be different!

FACEBOOK: www.facebook.com/saturnmagic.co.uk
blurrylines
View Profile
Regular user
185 Posts

Profile of blurrylines
I'm a monte effect fan, and this looks solid. However, given that there are crazy video cuts all over the place (not to mention he's clearly performing for an actress or a friend), I can't tell how legit it is. It seems like there has to be a "hondo" and a "blade" to make things examinable. Although it seems to flow naturally withing the context of the routine. If I'm correct, I think it's a very creative take, and would be willing to purchase although I couldn't find any reviews on the Café, and the only other thread is: http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......orum=218

Hi Mark, would you please PM me about my hunch?

Are there any owners that can provide feedback?
wulfie66
View Profile
Veteran user
347 Posts

Profile of wulfie66
Hopefully someone can put a review for this one up soon, it looks TOO good imo but am having to side with blurrylines about the 'hondo' and 'blade' in this one.
Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist ought to have his head examined.
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
I got it and I don't like it at all. Sticky dots everywhere. Bloody nightmare. I'll stick to Skinners Monte.
wulfie66
View Profile
Veteran user
347 Posts

Profile of wulfie66
Quote:
On Sep 13, 2016, pegasus wrote:
I got it and I don't like it at all. Sticky dots everywhere. Bloody nightmare. I'll stick to Skinners Monte.

I don't mind sticky dots as long as they aren't too noisy. I like Skinner's monte with the exception of how the cards are handled, I don't turn cards over like that normally so it looks odd, even to the spectator
Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist ought to have his head examined.
blurrylines
View Profile
Regular user
185 Posts

Profile of blurrylines
Thanks for the tip Pegasus. It looks like I'll pass, I had high hopes. Skinner's (table) and Garrett's (standing) are my two favorites thus far.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Monte Test by Anthony Stan and Magic Smile Productions (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL