The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Uses for left-handed decks? (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Russ Martin
View Profile
New user
Omaha, Nebraska
76 Posts

Profile of Russ Martin
Aside from the obvious, I mean.

I picked up a couple of lefty Bike decks, mostly for the novelty of it, but I'm curious to know if there are routines out there that take advantage of either the entire deck, parts of the deck, or individual cards.

I'll handle one some more late tonight and see if inspiration strikes. If it doesn't, suggestions are certainly welcome!
I feel more like I do now than I did before.
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
5313 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
Once in a while you will get a "Lefty" card in a gaff deck. I have seen it called a "Mirror Card" recently (it may have been part of the new NOC gaff deck I just got an email about). I would imagine you could put the two together like a DB and "Peel their selected card as a mirror image" (just a quick guess because of the name)

Or, another idea off the top of my head, cover the pips and get it signed, spin the card or hold it to a mirror... (do something magical) and tell them you turned it inside out or backwards? The hand them out one at a time. Would require some presentation and a force.
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
Steven Keyl
View Profile
Inner circle
Washington, D.C.
2630 Posts

Profile of Steven Keyl
If you fan as if it were a normal deck, the entire deck will appear to be blank. You have to do a reverse fan for it to appear normally. Place a blank faced card on the face of the deck to complete the illusion.
Steven Keyl - The Human Whisperer!

B2B Magazine Test!

Best impromptu progressive Ace Assembly ever!

"If you ever find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause, and reflect." --Mark Twain
Russ Martin
View Profile
New user
Omaha, Nebraska
76 Posts

Profile of Russ Martin
Quote:
On Sep 10, 2016, Poof-Daddy wrote:
Once in a while you will get a "Lefty" card in a gaff deck. I have seen it called a "Mirror Card" recently (it may have been part of the new NOC gaff deck I just got an email about). I would imagine you could put the two together like a DB and "Peel their selected card as a mirror image" (just a quick guess because of the name)

. . .

I think I saw that NOC gaff deck (in black) on the Blue Crown site. I thought the miirror cards were true "mirror images", i.e., right-reading only in a mirror. But I'll look again.

You've given me a couple of ideas, including putting a regular and a lefty face-to-face.
I feel more like I do now than I did before.
LoganPorterMagic
View Profile
Regular user
137 Posts

Profile of LoganPorterMagic
A friend from Japan showed me the work around. He mastered the technique to spread reversely so he doesn't have to buy lefty deck. I thought it is a great idea!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Uses for left-handed decks? (3 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL