The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Step right up! » » Winter in a small town (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

cbguy
View Profile
Veteran user
350 Posts

Profile of cbguy
Any suggestions would be great on this topic.

I have Don's DVD from Library as well as David Walkers, "Expert at the Pitch Table.

What are the best places to do a pitch in the winter?

I live in a relatively small town, so I will probably have to travel a bit because the flea markets here get sporadic business, but nothing steady where a pitch is possible.

Shopping malls have rent that's through the roof for a small kiosk spot and outside during winter it's too cold.

I want to get started so, I got a booth at a fall festival, but after that, the weather drops.

What are the best indoor places for winter?

Thanks for your help!
DonDriver
View Profile
Inner circle
1790 Posts

Profile of DonDriver
Car shows,winter boat shows,R.V. shows,indoor Christmas shows...etc.

Don
cbguy
View Profile
Veteran user
350 Posts

Profile of cbguy
Thanks Don!!!
Frosty
View Profile
Loyal user
Texas
245 Posts

Profile of Frosty
Down south in Texas the weather is pretty mild so I can pitch through out the whole year... some of my best months at fleamarkets are around January, February, and March... folks get their tax refunds and are very loose with their money! Fairs and festivals are always good anytime of the year..
Hey Don, I mostly work outdoors. What do you think is best to pitch? Indoor or outdoor or both? I'm thinking of trying some indoor events this coming year.. thanks!
DonDriver
View Profile
Inner circle
1790 Posts

Profile of DonDriver
The best place to pitch is when at the end of the day both pockets are stuffed full with cash.

Don
DonDriver
View Profile
Inner circle
1790 Posts

Profile of DonDriver
I once made extensions for an ez up legs. It took a lot of steel square tubing and angle iron and welding.Take a piece of square tubing that the EZ up leg will fit into 2 feet long.Weld that to the center of an angle iron about 2 feet long.You weld it so a flat part of the angle iron is on the ground.Drill a hole in the square tubing and EZ up leg at the height you need.Than put pin throw both holes.Also drill two holes on the angle iron at the ends so you can drive two stake in the ground on each angle iron.

Not an easy way to go but it works good and the EZ up stays put.

Don
Frosty
View Profile
Loyal user
Texas
245 Posts

Profile of Frosty
Lol! Your so right! Which ever brings in the most scratch is the best location...

Thanks for the tip on the leg extensions for the EZ-Up!
cbguy
View Profile
Veteran user
350 Posts

Profile of cbguy
Got that table you told me to get and went out on the street tonight pitching Svengalis.

I managed to get in about 8 pitches in a hour and fifteen minutes, but the pitches were not for crowds because there were no crowds out on a Wednesday night...mostly one on one or someone with their girlfriend.

However, I was able to get real time in doing it which I'm sure will be helpful when there are crowds.

I ended up selling two decks for $10 each, with the TCM.

Another guy wanted one but his girlfriend wouldn't let him and the rest said thanks and walked away.

One guy tipped me $2 which made me think, next time to have a TIP JAR on the table as well...just in case : )

Any thoughts or ideas for this kind of situation?

Much appreciated!
DonDriver
View Profile
Inner circle
1790 Posts

Profile of DonDriver
Location,location,location....No foot traffic no sales.But it was good you got out and found out what pitching is about...(somewhat)

I never had a tip gar out but I have put a sign up next to a can. "Sales Tax 9% honor system" Amazing how many people would put in the tax.

Don
cbguy
View Profile
Veteran user
350 Posts

Profile of cbguy
Just ordered a 3x3 sign for the front of the table.

Its Red and says:

"Watch"
It's
MAGIC

Now I need some pennants to attach to two 8 foot PVC pipes for both sides of the table.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Step right up! » » Winter in a small town (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL