The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Association of Family and Kidshow Performers » » Relightable Candle (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

jeffjj
View Profile
New user
IL
1 Post

Profile of jeffjj
I have tried to order the plans for the relightable candle from the Magicnook with no success. After the order is place I receive a message from PayPAl that the $'s were refunded with the explanation of "For magicians only".
So what/who determines a "magician"? I have tried email an do not get a reply and the phone number does not connect.
Has anyone else had this problem? Thanks jeff
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8357 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
Hello Jeff!
I don't remember seeing a post from you in "new arrivals".

Please introduce yourself! Your profile says: "retired". --from a show, on the road? How long have you been a magician? ETC

I've never had that problem. Of course, I haven't ordered anything from a magic dealer, either brick & mortar, or on line, in over 50 years. --Partly because in my show, I used mainly props that didn't need to come from a magic catalog.

You mention "the" relightable candle, but, ALL candles are relightable! At least you got your money refunded! I have no information about the "Magicnook".

Possibly, someone here can give you the information that you need,
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
Donald Dunphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Victoria, BC, Canada
7565 Posts

Profile of Donald Dunphy
The people involved with the Magicnook website aren't involved with KIDabra International. I don't even think they advertise in the KIDabra Journal.

The people from Magicnook do post in The Little Darlings area of The Magic Café, but I don't ever recall them posting in this KIDabra area (much less traffic).

I'm sure that someone will move this thread to The Little Darlings area, to help it get seen by the right people.

- Donald

P.S. I think that Café member jimgerrish is involved with Magic Nook. You could try sending a PM to him directly.

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/bb_pr......er=19667
Donald Dunphy is a Victoria Magician, British Columbia, Canada.
jimgerrish
View Profile
Inner circle
East Orange, NJ
3209 Posts

Profile of jimgerrish
He PM'd me but may not know enough to check his messages for my answer, which was:

"Only a professional magician can purchase any of our incendiary device plans, which includes the re-lightable candle plans among others. There's too much bad stuff going on in the world today to allow them into the hands of just anyone who wants them."

I have replied to his e-mails, but he doesn't like my answers. I never answer the phone - it is for out-going emergency calls only and I communicate only through the internet like I'm doing now. As for "what/who determines a magician", I'm the "who" for The Magic Nook. What determines a magician? A magician determines that for himself/herself. When you open your show, the very first thing you must do is prove you are a magician to your audience. I'm still waiting for him to prove he is a magician to me.
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8357 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
Your note above, Jim, makes sense to me.
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Association of Family and Kidshow Performers » » Relightable Candle (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL