The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Music and the Mirror by Robert Ramirez (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

AriTheMan
View Profile
New user
Atlanta, GA
68 Posts

Profile of AriTheMan
I don't have this yet, but Robert fooled me really bad with it at Magic Live! It's too clean. Haha!

https://www.vanishingincmagic.com/magic-......-mirror/

- Ari
Nathan Alexander
View Profile
Inner circle
2024 Posts

Profile of Nathan Alexander
Nice. I liked it. Guy's got a nice smile too, hard not to like it.
SebastianGER-HH
View Profile
New user
Hamburg / Germany
42 Posts

Profile of SebastianGER-HH
Pretty nice effect - no fishing, but am I correct that the spec need to riffle shuffle and NOT overhand shuffle the cards? Here in Germany, the overhand shuffle is much more common than a riffle shuffle.
MadisonH
View Profile
Inner circle
1754 Posts

Profile of MadisonH
I purchased it simply because I was fooled.

This is a known principle but he has updated it and added a few subtleties which make this really deceptive. I'll use it! It seems impossible and it's very easy to do. The one stipulation is yes, the spectator must riffle shuffle, but that's not too big of an issue.
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
4748 Posts

Profile of emyers99
How good does the riffle need to be?
Steven Conner
View Profile
Inner circle
2720 Posts

Profile of Steven Conner
Quote:
On Oct 13, 2016, emyers99 wrote:
How good does the riffle need to be?

Just a plain riffle.

Best
"The New York Papers," Mark Twain once said,"have long known that no large question is ever really settled until I have been consulted; it is the way they feel about it, and they show it by always sending to me when they get uneasy. "
TuneHV
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
2067 Posts

Profile of TuneHV
Looks nice, but also appears to be very similar to Danny Archer's Lost and Smelled
David Jonathan
- - - - - - - - -
www.davidjonathanmagic.com
Caveman
View Profile
Regular user
118 Posts

Profile of Caveman
This looks like it will be a lot of fun. Looking forward to learning and creating some patter for it!
Felman
View Profile
New user
65 Posts

Profile of Felman
Great trick, but very similar to the 'Mind Mirror' in Expert Card Technique.
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
3067 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
He says it is the mind mirror from ECT with a few of his subtleties
AriTheMan
View Profile
New user
Atlanta, GA
68 Posts

Profile of AriTheMan
I'm getting this tonight, so I'll be sure to review it and let you guys know what I think of it!

- Ari
gtx magic
View Profile
Special user
United Kingdom England
957 Posts

Profile of gtx magic
Ari, you will not be disappointed. It is a plot taken from The Royal Road to Card Magic "Mirror of the mind" but with some added subtleties and naunces. Very deceiving and clever.

Graham
Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence.
AriTheMan
View Profile
New user
Atlanta, GA
68 Posts

Profile of AriTheMan
OK... So I had the time to watch the download this afternoon and it's great! I have yet to actually perform it (I'll test it out at school tomorrow and let you guys know how it goes!) but it really is a super simple but powerful effect. Robert goes through all the little details in a short 12-minute download (that's all that is really needed), but when you are done watching, you could go and perform it right away! There is a very small "set-up" involved, so I wouldn't exactly call it impromptu, but if you know how to (and I hate when people do this on the Café... but...) c**l, then it can make the "set-up" process a lot easier.

As everybody else on this forum has already said -- HIGHLY RECCOMENDED and big thanks to Robert and Vansihing Inc for putting this out.

- Ari
MazingMandy
View Profile
Special user
Has tolerated the trolls here for
676 Posts

Profile of MazingMandy
Most card people should know how to *ul* , so we should be good. ( I have no idea why people star out words like cull here, pointless)
mike donoghue
View Profile
Inner circle
1299 Posts

Profile of mike donoghue
Same here MazingMandy. You have just made me laugh.

I have thought that for a couple of years. Thanks for making me chuckle.

Mike Donoghue
Dark Knight
View Profile
Loyal user
My troops are stationed at
272 Posts

Profile of Dark Knight
I have performed Jack McMillan's "Mind Mirror" for years. It's in Expert Card Technique. I don't remember it being in Royal Road.
I haven't seen Robert's update, but the original is still an excellent trick. You should look it up!

DK
Caveman
View Profile
Regular user
118 Posts

Profile of Caveman
I really enjoyed this, a simple effect with a strong finish that's difficult to backtrack, especially with Robert's added subtelties. Near impromptu is a good description, personally I'm not too worried about a cull on the fly, and with a few false shuffles this is easily covered up. The best part about the video is Robert's teaching, he comes off as a really likeable guy.I'm excited to throw this one into the mix.

Thanks Robert
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
4748 Posts

Profile of emyers99
I agree with Robert across the board. Very nice effect. Minimal setup and you are ready to go.
cybercardmagic
View Profile
Regular user
germany,berlin
126 Posts

Profile of cybercardmagic
Quote:
On Oct 13, 2016, SebastianGER-HH wrote:
Pretty nice effect - no fishing, but am I correct that the spec need to riffle shuffle and NOT overhand shuffle the cards? Here in Germany, the overhand shuffle is much more common than a riffle shuffle.

No problem instead you can make a Rosetta shuffle

http://www.conjuringcredits.com/doku.php......_shuffle
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Music and the Mirror by Robert Ramirez (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL